chpt 2 ~ The Code

[Ellas POV September 1st 1993]

I slowly started to adjust my sleeping position, waking up my body little by little. My eyes opened slightly, seeing a ray of moonlight shine onto my bedroom floor, like a spotlight. Being confused, I shifted my gaze to the clock on the wall.

It was 4:23AM.

I whined a bit before trying to slip back into a deep sleep. It didnt work.

"Well, guess Im awake now." I mumbled to myself. I shifted my body to a sitting up position, and sat there for just a few seconds before lifting my blanket off of my body, revealing my legs to the cold air.

I stood up, reaching my arms out and arching my back slightly, giving a quick stretch. I looked over to my empty trunk, realizing I forgot to pack my bags for this year. I rolled my eyes before grabbing my wand and doing a quick flick on my wrist in the direction of the suitcases. Immediately, the trunks started filling themselves with my favorite items of clothing.

Yes, I know technically im not allowed to do magic outside of school yet, but Ive placed a protection spell on my wand. Clever, I know. Thats just the definition of me. The sorting hat back in first year took a good four minutes deciding if I should be in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. But after the long period of time it finally made the decision to place me in Slytherin.

Since I couldnt sleep, why not prank my dear cousin? I quickly turned to my dresser and pulled out my prank supplies. I rummaged through it, taking out the perfect pranking tool.

Bulbadox Powder.

I fastened my grip on the box, and quietly escaped my room. I tip toed down the hall to Dracos room, which was right next to mine. Once I reached it, I quietly opened the door. He was fast asleep. Perfect. I slowly opened the box, making sure not to touch anything.

I quietly slid over to his bed, and very carefully pulled his blanket off of his back. I adjusted the box to make the hole if it face him. I only needed the smallest amount. I started tipping it slightly, but then-

BANG

The stupid Weasley bird was back. I screamed and dropped the box if itching powder, making it spread all over Dracos back and his sheets. I covered my mouth as I quickly tried to pick up as much as I could, but I wasnt quick enough. Draco suddenly awoke, and began scratching all over.

"Why are you in my room? And why am I so itc-" He started.

"Oh shut up and let me help you." I interrupted. I swiftly took out my wand "accio antidote" I said, and the antidote came flying in, and I quickly poured it on Draco. Draco sat there, rubbing his eyes. "Explain." Was all he said. "One second." I replied, eyes fixed to his window.

"What are y-"

"Hush child." I put my finger to his lips, then made my way to his window sill. Although, this owl looked different than the Weasley one. It was jet black, with a few white feathers, and green eyes, and held a letter with dirty parchment in its mouth. I opened the latch to allow it inside.

"Hey! Get thats stupid bir-"

"Shut up!" I snapped, turning my focus back to the letter. The senders name made my eyes widen, and my jaw drop. from Mommy to Ella Lestrange. Oh my godric. I quickly unfolded the parchment to see the entire message written in some type of coding.

Dear Ella,

svool nb hdvvg yzyv trio. r mvvw gl urmw z dzb ifg lu sviv, rn tlrmt rmhzmv. gsvb ziv ulixrmt nv gl wirmp gsvhv klgrlmh vevib wzb, r wlmg pmld
dszg gave ziv wlrmt gl nv, yfg r mvvw gl tvg ifg. ru gsvb proo nv,qfhg pmld rn hl hliib uli vevi ovzermt blf.