chpt 19 ~ Confusion

"Oh my lord Ella, get up!" Daphne shrieked, repetitively smacking my face with a pillow.

"Okay, okay, im coming!" I replied, blocking my head from the impact. Daphne sighed, and threw my uniform over me.

"Change." She demanded, walking out of the room, slamming it behind her.

"Whats with her today?" I asked, standing up to change.

"Shes upset about our new DADA teacher." Pansy lazily replied from our vanity, where she was applying makeup.

"Whats so bad about him?" I asked curiously. Pansy rolled her eyes and turned to look at me. "He's an auror, Ella. He catches dark wizards, and shes scared for her parents." She blankly stated.

"Oh please, its not like her parents are going to be on the school grounds." I replied. Pansy shrugged and stood up. "We should get going anyway, they are announcing the champions this morning at breakfast." She suggested.  I nodded, and grabbed my wand, which I keep under my pillow.

As we walked out of the room, and down the hall, I felt something was off. My stomach felt like it was twisting in knots. I took in deep breaths, looking around me.

"Ella, are you alright?" Pansy asked, grabbing my arm lightly. "Yeah, I just am not feeling the best right now.." I mumbled. Pansy stopped in her place, and began pulling me back towards the dorms.

"Well then you must stay in bed. Im not risking you getting sick." She said, opening the door back up and shoving me into my bed. "Woah woah woah-"

"Nope. You sleep, and relax. Ill stay with you." She quickly said, racing to the bathroom, returning moments later with a damp towel.

"Pansy, really, i'm fine. I just have a small stomach ache." I laughed. Pansy shook her head, and layed the towel on my forehead. "Nonsense." She stated.

I rolled my eyes and let her pamper me. She felt both sides of my face, then quickly sighed. "It seems you don't have a fever, so that's good." She explained.

"Pansy, of course I don't have a fever, I'm not si-"

"Just shut up and take the hint that I want to spend time with you!" She interrupted loudly. I went silent, and sat up slowly. "Im sorry, I just feel like we have been drifting.." She mumbled, lowering her head. My face softened, and I set my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't be sorry. And I totally agree, we deserve to spend some time together." I said with a smile. She lifted her head, and smiled at me in return.

"Listen Ella, you know your my best friend right?" Pansy asked. "Of course." I replied.

"Well theres a few things that you don't know." She said quietly. I tilted my head, and squinted my eyes. "What? Pansy, you know you can tell me anything." I responded, grabbing her hand.

"I wanna ruin our friendship." She stated quickly. My heart dropped. What? Why doesnt she want to be my friend anymore? I threw her hand out of my grasp and stoop up from the bed.

"Excuse me?"

"We should be lovers instead." She said confidently. My eyes widened and my face went pink.

"Im sorry Pansy but.." I trailed off. "I don't like you in that way, I mean we are fantastic as friends but-"

"No, I get it. It- its totally fine." She said, putting on a fake smile. "I uhm, I think I should be getting to class now." I added, heading for the door. "Ill just skip today." She mumbled.