chpt 12 ~ Run Away

(i once again couldnt find a good music rec. so you get more pretty music <3)

[Dracos POV the next day, June 12]

After I snapped at Ella, I got in big trouble. This summer is already starting off horrible. I immediately felt guilty as I watched her run out of the kitchen, and the look on my mothers face increased the feeling of guilt even more.

I spent the rest of the night reading random books from the library, and laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. Ya know, the usual routine for when im grounded.

Its now 9:32am the next morning, and I really wanted to go apologize. Ella is my best friend, and I don't want her to be mad at me forever. Okay maybe thats a stretch, but you get the point.

I put my hands in my pockets as I shuffled next door to Ellas room. I sighed and knocked on the door.

No response.

I furrowed my eyebrows and knocked harder. Still nothing.

"Shes normally up by now." I mumbled to myself. I knocked one more time, and zero noise came from the room. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to see the space empty.

I gave a confused look, and slowly started walking away. I wasn't all to worried, since there was another place she normally is.

I strolled down the halls to get to the library, looking at the paintings on the wall, when I saw one of the house elves, Ruby.

"Oh, good morning Mr.Malfoy." She said in a cheery voice.

"Morning. Have you seen Ella?" I asked. She glanced down and took a moment to think, then looked back at me.

"I believe Miss Lestrange has left for a friends house last night." Ruby said, folding her hands together. I raised my brow in confusion. "Which friend?" I asked, squatting down so I was height level with the elf.

"I believe she said Daphne Greengrass." She answered, smiling. "What? That doesn't make sense.." I said, trailing off my sentence, but then it hit me.

"Oh Merlin. Shes gone to the Weasleys hasn't she."

Ruby tiled her head. "No sir, I believe she said, and I quote, 'Ruby, if anyone asks, I am at Daphne's household.' But my memory does get a little fuzzy sometimes so maybe she-"

"How long?" I interrupted. "How long what master?" She questioned. "How long is she staying there?" I added. Ruby thought for a moment but then she started again. "If I remember correctly, she said a week."

"Alright.. Well thank you for your help, Ruby." I said, standing up. To be honest, I didnt mind the house elves very much. Its just my father despises them, and I want to make him proud. So I'm usually not the nicest to them around my parents.

"Your very welcome sir." She replied with a smile. I cracked a smile myself, and Started walking back down the hallway. Once I reached the grande staircase, I skipped down every 2 steps.

I started walking towards the living room, when my mother burst in from the kitchen.

"Where is she!" She screeched. I flinched a bit, shut my eyes and quickly shook my head.

"Ella? Oh erm- well I remember her talking about going to the uhm- Greengrass' last night." I stuttered. My mother placed a hand oh her heart and let out a deep sigh.

"Well he didn't she let us know? I thought she got abducted by the minis-" She quickly stopped herself. "I mean, I thought she went missing!" She said with a playful scoff.