chpt 26 ~ Mum?

The rest of Christmas break was quite uneventful. I had a few more nights where I would stow away some alcohol in my bedroom and drink it all night, and get high off of things I found in Uncle Lucius' closer, but other than that, it was quite boring.

Payton and Draco had become very close over the course of her visit, so I decided it was a chance to space myself away from everyone else. Most of the days I just sat in my room reading new books I would find in the library, and others I would write or sneak out to my parents house.

I was currently in my bedroom, reading a new book I picked out thats about a girl who ends up marrying her lifelong bully. Its terribly unrealistic and completely romanticized the idea of toxic relationships, but I must admit, its quite addicting.

"Ella darling, come say goodbye to the Blanchetts." Auntie said, slowly opening my bedroom door. I turned to face her, and obeyed, getting up from my chair and walking to the door. She guided me to the entrance of the house by resting her hand on my back and pushing me slightly in front of her.

"Fairwell Eleanore, and Wilfdof. Have a safe trip back." Auntie said to the adults.

"Hopefully we will see you this summer." Mr. Blanchett said. There was a chorus of goodbyes and thank you's, as the adults began to leave the manor. Payton gave Draco a hug, and just waved at me before joining her parents, leaving our house.

Auntie and Uncle Lucius let out a sigh of relief and left the entrance hall, going about their day.

If I'm being honest, i'm kind of upset that Payton's leaving. Cause now I have to deal with Draco again for the last day of break.

"Ella, do want to make a fort?" He asked me, running up to me. I shrugged and began walking up the stairs.

"I would rather play a game of wizards chess." I said simply. He sighed and caught up to my speed. "But wizards chess is boring." He pouted. I rolled my eyes and walked into the library, walking to my favorite area. "But to me, it is fun." I told him, running my hand threw the books choosing which one to read next.

"Oh come on, you're so boring, why don't I show you what I do for fun. I promise you that it will be more fun than reading books and playing wizards chess." He suggested. I raised an eyebrow and continued looking through the novels. "That's less than likely." I responded, pulling a book that intrigued me out of the shelf and turning to my cousin.

"Now if you would excuse me, I will be going to go sneak a glass of wine." I said with a cocky smile, brushing past Draco. Once I past him I felt him grab my arm and yank be back.

"You really need to stop with this whole drinking thing. We are only 14. Its not healthy." He told me. I rolled my eyes and wiggled my arm out of his reach. "Nope. Okay fairwell now." I told him, walking out of the library and beginning the book titled:

The Space between Us. by Elora Flannigon

Chapter 1.

Sometimes you find love where you would never expect it. So there I stood, standing at the end of the isle, staring at my fiancé in front of me. I never thought this would happen. All of the flowers, the chocolates, the gifts, the love, the affection, it all payed off, he was going to be mine, and I loved him ever since I could remember-

I quickly shut the book and scoffed. "I hate this already." I mumbled, tossing the book onto my other large pile of books I didn't enjoy. I plopped down onto my bed and pulled out the story of toxic lovers.

"Ella dear, is your things packed for Hogwarts?" Auntie asked, coming into my room politely. I nodded, and continued to read my book. She smiled and left the room.