chpt 24 ~ Finally home

I awoke to the sound of a man and a woman arguing. I was alone in a dim room, filled with floating candles, and laying in a bed. I adjusted my seating position so I was sitting up. As I scanned the room with my eyes, I felt a sense of déjà vu. It felt like i've been here many times before, but I couldn't put my finger on when.

The voices of the two people came closer and closer, reaching the door that was dividing me and whoever was on the other side of it. The voices stopped, and the handle turned slowly, pushing the door open equally as slow. I sat there anxiously, awaiting to see who it was.

Once the door was wide open, there stood a man with black, pushed back hair, and a sharpe jawline. And a woman with sickly pale skin, intense eye bags, and black curly hair. I knew them all to well.

My parents.

"Mom- Dad!" I chocked out, swiping the blanket off of my legs and rushing to the adults, tackling them in a bone crushing hug, which they returned equally as tight.

"My sweet baby girl." Mum whispered, stroking my hair, and grabbing my back tighter than I could ever imagine. Tears of joy rolled down my cheek. I felt my father bend down and give the top of my head a kiss. Mum pulled away from the hug and gripped onto my shoulders looking at me.

"Look at her Bella. Shes just stunning. She looks just like you." Father said, wrapping his arm around mother. I bit my lip, trying not to let any more tears stream down my face.

"I cant believe you're here." I whispered, looking at the two of them. They both looked at each other then back at me. "It was a struggle, but we managed." Mum explained, bringing into another hug, father joining in as well.

I took this moment to really just realize that they were there with me. We stayed in the hug for about five whole minutes before pulling away.

"Now, we have much to discuss." Mother said, wiping under my eyes, and leading me out of the bedroom, and down a staircase, father following closely behind. The house was less like a house and more like an apartment, or a town house. It was rather small, but it had a home felt touch to it.

Mum led me to the kitchen, where father began pouring tea for us all.

"So how did you do it?" I asked, a large smile taking place on my face. Mother smiled in return, then looked at her husband. "Its a rather long story. I would rather tell you when you are old enough to understand." She explained, taking one of the cups filled with tea out of fathers hand, and leaning onto the kitchen counter.

"And Im sorry I didn't send you any letters darling, Im not as smart as your mum and I couldn't figure-"

"Why did you leave her?" I interrupted curiously. He sighed and looked down. "I just.. I wasn't ready for children, and I regret ever leaving her. I love your mother more than anything in this world, and I wont ever leave you two again." He stated, handing me a cup, and wrapping his arm around mums waist.

Mother smiled slightly, then decided to change the subject. "Hows Cissy? Is she still together with Lucius? I never liked that bloke.." She said. I shrugged and looked at her. "Auntie is great, but as far as uncle Lucius.. Im really not sure where he is. Auntie said he was just going to a day trip, but I can tell when shes lying." I explained. She looked down, then sighed.

"Don't, Bella." Dad murmured to her. I raised a brow and looked at him. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. I was so confused.

"Just know darling, I never meant to leave you. I never wanted to. But I made mistakes and i'm trying to change. I love you so much. Im so sorry I ever let myself leave." Mum said to me. I sighed and set down the tea cup. "Im not mad at you, mum. I know you didn't have a choice. " I responded. The room went quiet.

I looked down at my watch to see it was 3:00am. My eyes widened.

"Late it is indeed." Mum said, standing up off of the counter, and walking over to me. "Why don't you go off to bed, Ill bring you back to the manor tomorrow morning." She suggested. I nodded and stood there for a moment, before running up to them to give them one last hug before I went to sleep.

"I love you." I mumbled into my fathers jacket. "I love you too, darling." She responded. My father patted my back then pulled away from our group hug.

"Now head off to bed." Dad told me.
_______
a/n: sorry this chapter is super short but i'm going to be spamming chapters this week so get ready.