chpt 28 ~ Rescue

"Happy birthday." I whispered to myself, looking at the tallies I kept on the wall made out of marks from spoons and forks. If Ive kept track correctly I should be turning 15 today. I let out a sigh and laid down on the cold marble flooring, looking around the room for anything to keep me entertained.

"Goodmorning." Said the horrible man, sneaking up into the window, with the other participants following behind. I've learned his name is Alexander. I rolled my eyes and sat up, leaning against the wall behind me.

"Goodmorning Alexander. Lovely day it is today isn't it." I said sarcastically. He let out a fake laugh. As I observed the other members of the viewing I noticed that there was a new one, who I have never seen before, standing next to Auther Weasley.

"Since it is your birthday today, we will spare you from the questions. But tomorrow it will be much worse." He explained, his lips curving into a small smile. I furrowed my eyesbrows and tilted my head. "How did you know-"

"We keep track of your files, darling. Its not to hard to find out." He interrupted. The viewers began writing something down, as if they were keeping track of everything I have said. "So if you aren't going to question me today, then why are you here?" I asked, getting inpatient.

"To wish you a happy birthday of course." He explained. He turned around briefly and murmured something into the ear of one of the viewers, covering the microphone. I saw her nodding her head and writing something on her clipboard.

"Oh a present? How thoughtful." I mocked, running a hand through my greasy and messy hair. Alexander turned back to the microphone and gave me an annoyed and fake smile. "Very funny. But yes, we have decided to give you a small present." He said, almost as if he was trying not to laugh.

"I dont want it." I stated simply. "Oh but we didn't ask if you wanted it or not. Its not optional. You're keeping it." He told me. Suddenly the door next to the large window slowly started to open, revealing a man holding a small box. He walked towards me and dropped it in front of me. "Go ahead. Open it." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and unwinded the thick, black, ribbon tied like a bow over the white box. I took off the top of the box and saw a little teddy bear.

"Whats this?" I laughed. "Press the hands of it." He suggested. I stared at him confused, before I looked back down and picked up the bear, pressing the left hand of it.

It was a Woman screaming and crying, and begging to be let go.

My heart dropped. It sounded like my mother. They found her. I panicked and threw it across the room. "See this is what we could have avoided if you just would have told us where she was." He seethed. I let in deep breaths. Of course I didn't cry. After the first few months of being here I sort of.. Forgot how, I guess you could say. I was crying so much in the first few months to the point where my body couldn't produce any more tears.

"Why did you send me this- this horrible thing? What is wrong with you!" I yelled, standing up. "I never thought this would be something the Ministry would do to a child." I mumbled.

"Its all part of my job, darling." He pointed out, gathering his stuff to leave. "So- so they are both back into Azkaban?" I asked angrily. "Yes, they are. Oopsies." He mocked. Everyone in the observation room began leaving, when I locked eyes with Arthur Weasley. He looked unsettled, uncomfortable, and scared. I began to get angry that he hasn't done anything about this, let alone tell anybody that I was here.

-

About another three hours have passed of me thinking about what my life was like 6 months ago before I arrived here, when there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was my dinner being arrived so I stayed there, laying on the ground, facing away from the door. It slowly opened and there was a quick shuffle of feet before someone tackled me in a hug.