chpt 33 ~ Overhearing

⚠️TW: SH, UNDERAGED DRINKING AND SMOKING⚠️

ella lestrange

"You- you cheated on me.." Father breathed from the other side of the door. I managed to make it home safely, but this is the last thing I wanted to hear when I am about to walk inside.

"What did you expect!" Mother fired back. I leaned in against the front door more carefully. Although it was late at night and down pouring rain, I didn't really care.

"Bella.." Father said quietly. "I never stopped loving you, and you know that." He seethed. "But the problem was Rodolphus.. I never loved you." Mother said. My heart dropped. My throat suddenly went dry.

"What? But Bella- we have a child together.." Father whispered. I heard mum let out a breathy laugh. "She is just a product of a stupid mistake I made with you. Every time I look in that child's eyes, I see regret." Mum seethed.

My breath hitched, and I felt my knees go weak. I backed away from the door slowly. Anger flowed threw my veins. "Get away from me." Father demanded. I heard a low tone chuckle emerging from my mother, then shuffling of feet.

I decided I would sneak in from my bedroom window, although it was on the third floor. I dashed away from the front door, running to the side of the house. I frantically dug through the bushes right underneath my bedroom window, finding my broom. I threw it out there a while ago because I didn't want Auntie finding out about me leaving to go to my mums house.

I pulled the broom out of the bush and mounted myself on it. I looked up to my window, which was closed, and pushed off of the ground. The closer I got to the window, the more I realized how exhausting this night was. Once I reached the small rooftop just outside of my window, I hopped off of the broom and tried to open my window.

It was locked.

I groaned and pulled out my wand. "Alohomora." I whispered, aiming my wand at the window. It made a clicking noise, then slowly swung open. I jumped inside, and locked the glass behind me. I turned to face my bedroom, and let out loud, and deep breaths.

I walked over to my bed flopping onto it, my mind racing with thoughts. I laid there with no emotion, playing with the pillowcase between my fingers.

Suddenly my door opened abruptly, almost as if on cue, revealing Draco, Theo, and Blaise.

"Ella?" Blaise asked. Thats when I remembered I haven't seen him or anyone else in my friend group, since before I got taken away.

"Hi." I breathed, still out of breath.

"Dear God, you are alive." Theo sighed, running over to hug me. I clenched my jaw. I was really not in the mood for hugs and empathy.

"And you're still blonde." I said, sarcastically, smiling slightly. He pulled away from me and just looked at me, as if he was observing every detail of me in case he forgot about any.

Blaise stared at me wide eyed, and his lips slightly parted.

"Well, uhm, how did the whole.. Thing- go?" Draco asked, clearing his throat. I wasn't sure if Blaise or Theo were allowed to know about the task, but I'm assuming they cant considering Draco referred to my task as "The thing."

I sighed and shook my head. "I got relatively close, yet I was so far away." I told him.

"Well, you'll get him next time." Draco assured. I looked up at him and glared into his eyes. The two other boys looked majorly confused, but didn't seem to want to know what we were talking about.