chpt 36 ~ Sacred place

Draco Malfoys POV

I sat in the library, flipping through pages of a random book I found. It didn't seem very appealing for me, and I gently got up from the couch and put it back on its rightful place on the shelf.

It was nearly 12:00am at this point. I haven't been sleeping well due to who knows what. I traced my finger along the rows of mysteries, stopping at a random spot. I pulled it out of the socket, only to see it was a spell book. I felt no interest in reading a spell book during summer break, so I pushed it back.

"Draco?" A quiet voice came from behind me. I jumped and whipped around, to see Ella peeking into the door on the other side of the room. I placed a hand on my chest and exhaled loudly.

"Dear, Merlin." I breathed. "Sorry." She mumbled, stepping inside and flopping on the couch. "What are you doing up?" I questioned, walking over to the couch and sitting next to her gently. She shrugged. 

"I could ask you the same thing." She said with a slight laugh. I tilted my head at her, and she sighed. She pulled a cigarette box out of her pocket, and I recognized those as the kind father keeps hidden away. They have tiny grains of weed in them.

"Do you want one?" She asked, pulling one out of the box. I shook my head, and lowered the box from her hand.

"It's not normal how much you're drinking, smoking,  and doing other drugs, Ella. These aren't healthy ways to deal with things. You need to stop." I said seriously, bringing my hand up to rub her shoulder in a comforting matter.

"But I don't know any other way to help. Nothing else makes me steer away from reality like that does." She grumbled, reaching up and removing my hand away from her. I sighed, forgetting how sensitive and defensive she is.

"Besides, it's not like I have an addiction or something." She laughed, trying to lift the mood. I stayed silent, glancing at the ground. Her laughs quieted down, and she looked at me seriously. "Right..?" She asked hopefully. I didn't answer her. She laughed once again and stood up.

"You think I have an addition to drugs?!" She stated, shocked. "I-" "Of course you you think that. I mean come on, your such a goody two shoes you don't even need alcohol or drugs, so don't even pretend you think I have an addiction." She interrupted, looking extremely offended.

"Well guess what, the world doesn't revolve around you, so nobody else cares about your ways to cope with your mommy and daddy issues except for you." I snapped back, standing so that I was equal with her. "Says you! You have the most daddy issues out of everyone in the world." She fired back, walking out of the library with a huff. I rolled my eyes, and flopped back down onto the couch behind me.

Me and Ella have grown very distant these past years. We used to spend every second together. But now, she would just leave because, of course,  she always has some shit going on. She needs to stop being dramatic and grow up. I'm tired of her attitude. Always sneaking back into the house at 6:00am, or entering my room drunk in the middle of the night, asking if I've seen her whiskey.

I relaxed back into the chair, running my hand through my hair. I propped my feet up on the coffee table in front of me, knowing it pisses Ella off. She was really getting of my last nerves recently. Every day something new is in dramatic effect on her.

I heard a soft knock on the door, and I turned my head in the direction. Payton peered inside, her face dull.

"I heard yelling, and I decided to come see where it was coming from." She explained, her small frame slipping in the room. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"It's just Ella again." I said with a tone of annoyance. Payton didn't look very surprised either and came over to the couch, standing next to it.