chpt 5 ~ A Favor

[Ellas POV 2:21am]

I lay in my bed, unable to fall asleep. Something about the conversation about Neville kept me up. Could the boy who is scared of his own shadow, possibly fancy the daughter whos mother is responsible for his parents insanity? No. He wouldnt. He couldnt.

Luckily I share my dorm with Daphnee and Pansy, so I could always ask for their opinions of the situation.But at the same time, they were not as close with me anymore, so I wouldn't really open up to them as much. I slowly sat up and took my blanket off of my body. I stood up from out of my bed, and gave a little stretch. I moved my feet very carefully, to not wake my sleeping friends.

I reached my dorm door, and creaked it open. I slipped out of the room and began making my way down the halls. Once I reached the end of the hallway, I calmly walked down the stairs that lead to the common room., looking out into the window that leads out into black lake. After a few seconds I come down to the dark room.

There were a few boys by the fireplace, playing wizards chess. I walked passed them to get the boys dorms. I needed to get Dracos opinion on this, I dont even care that its two in the morning. As I started walking up the stairs, I felt this really weird gut feeling to look out of the windows. So I did. And in the distance, I saw a black dog swimming in the lake.

My heart dropped. What in the world is a dog doing in the lake? I rubbed my eyes, and looked out of the windows again.

Nothing.

"That was weird.." I mumbled to myself, remembering I was really tired, so I could have just been seeing things. I brushed it off and continued walking up to Dracos dorm. I was about halfway up the stairwell when I heard footsteps above me. They were coming down fast. Theodore Nott comes around the corner, nearly bumping into me. He nearly fell over, so he stopped and took a moment to regain his balance.

"Oi, didnt see you there Lestrange. What are you doing here this time of day?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.

"I need Dracos opinion on something." I said, shrugging. "Well hes not here." He responded, trying to brush past me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to face me. "What do you mean hes not here?" I questioned. He chuckled before slipping his arm out of my grip and continuing.

"That bloody creature, buckbeak,nearly tore his arm off today, hes in the hospital wing." He said, leaning into the wall of the staircase and crossing his arms. "Oh.. Well, your a boy. Why not have you help me." I said, grabbing his arm again and taking him down the stairs to the common room. "Oh uhm, okay then." He mumbled.

Once we were in the common room I lead him to a table by a bookshelf, and began talking.

"Okay so, how do I know if a boy fancys me?" I asked, getting straight to the point. I pulled out one of the chairs and took a seat. He looked surprised by the question and cleared his throat. Also, sitting down.

"Well that depends, which guy are you talking about?" He questioned, propping his elbow up on the table and resting his cheek in his hand. I took a deep breath and laughed a little bit under my breath.

"Well yesterday, Draco, Goyle, Crabbe, and Blaise, seemed to think that Neville Longbottom fancied me." I scoffed. Theodore looked at me with a serious expression, then burst out into laughter. I laughed along aswell for a bit. The students that were by the fireplace, turned to face us. Once the laughter died down he let out a sigh.

"Well, I can tell you for a fact that Longbottom doesnt fancy you, he fancies Hannah Abbot. If anything hes scared of you." He finished, wiping the tears from his eyes he created from laughing so hard. I let out a breath of relief and shook my head. But then, something popped into my head.