chpt 3 ~ Frustration

[Ellas Pov, the great hall 1:32pm]

I needed to know what the code meant, and I wasn't going to stop until I found out. I didnt get a wink of sleep last night, looking through books of the most complicated coding sequences, but found nothing similar to the code in mothers letter.

My friends have been giving me my space for the past few days, which I appreciate, but the bad part about that is im currently sitting alone during study hall. Leaving me looking pathetic, and lonley. I only pray that somebody I dont know comes and sits by me.

"Pst, Lestrange." Someone whispered from behind me. I whip my head around to see one of the Weasley twins, facing away from his table, resting his forearms on his knees. I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs. It was Fred.

"What." I asked, folding my arms around one another. He smirked, adjusting his position so that he was leaning his back into the table. The other twin looked over and smacked his head, yet he still continued. "Have I told you that you look ravishing in your school robes?" He said, raising his eyebrows at me.

I scoffed. "No, and I dont want to hear you say it again." I pointed my finger at his face. He chuckled, and was about to say something, but then Seamus came rushing in.

"Hes been sighted hes been sighted!" He shouted, slamming a newspaper down on the table. People immediately started gathering around him.

"Who?" Ron Weasley asked, getting up from his seat to make his way over as well. "Sirius Black."

My face went pale. The Sirius Black is near here? I need some air. I quickly got up from my seat and headed to the exit.

"Wait Lestrange-" Fred said, grabbing my arm. I turned around to face him, and we both just stared at each other for a second. I sighed. "Fine.Come on." I ripped my arm out of his reach and began leading him out of the hall.

I started walking down the corridors, just needing a break from things. As I was twisting and turning the corners on the castle, Fred was right behind me.

"So, where are we going?" He asked, trying to keep up with me. I stayed silent, keeping my eyes forward. "Your an odd girl Ella, you know that?"I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around. "If I grace you with my presence, the least you could do is shut up." I took a pause. "And dont call me Ella." I finished, turning around, continuing my journey to the library.

As we turned one last corner, I saw the big library doors, and almost at once I felt more calm and at ease with things. I reached for the door handle, and swung it open. I waltzed in like I owned the place, keeping my head up and going straight to where I need to be.

"Miss Lestrange how many times do I have to tell you that you are no longer welcome here?" Madame Prince stated, looking up from her book behind her desk. I ignored her and pulled out another word coding book. "Mi- wait hold on- Miss Les- put that back!" She Screeched. I still remained unbothered, taking a seat at a table and pulling out my moms letter from my pocket.

Fred took a seat across from me, looking very confused. I chose to ignore him as I began going through the text book. Scanning each page harder than the other. Fred tapped me on the shoulder, and whispered "Watcha doing?" I clenched my jaw and kept my eyes fixed on the textbook. "Smart kid stuff." I responded, switching my focus from my textbook to the letter. He just hummed an agreement, and sat back down in his chair.

He looked around for a moment, then picked a random book off of the shelf and dropped it. On purpose. I closed my eyes and took a deep inhale, praying for the moment he leaves to come sooner. Fred chuckled at my response, and leaned back to grab another one. He straightened his arms out in front of him slowly to make the drop more dramatic. He let his fingers go of the book one at a time. First his thumbs, then his index fingers, followed by his middle fingers, then his ring fingers, and lastly, his pinky fingers.

The book fell to the floor making another loud banging noise. I smacked the table with my hand and sat up straight, glaring daggers into his eyes. "What do you want from me?" I snapped. He just smirked before replying. "That date the Hogsmade." I laughed, loud and obnoxiously. "Not a chance Weasley." I smirked back, leaning back into my chair.

tap tap tap

I turned my head to see the same jet black owl in the window, carrying another letter. I raced over to it and unlatched the lock.

"Miss Lestrange dont you dare- oh forget it." Madame Prince started, but gave up and continued reading her book.

The bird flew in and landed on the desk Fred was seated at. He scooted his chair back a little bit as I snatched the letter from the owls beak. To Ella Lestrange, From Mother. Another letter from my mom. I didn't hesitate opening it, hoping it isnt in a code again. I sat down and took a deep breath before reading it.

efbs fmmb,
Uifz lffq gpsdf gffejoh nf uiftf qpujpot uibu nblf nz ifbe ivsu mjlf dsbaz. Jg uifz ljmm nf, nblf tvsf uifz lopx ju xbto'u bo bddjefou. J mpwf zpv tp nvdi ebsmjoh, boe jn tp tpssz gps mfbwjoh zpv bmm uiptf zfbst bhp. J dbo ofwfs gpshjwf nztfmg gps ju. J voefstuboe jg zpv ibuf nf, boe ofwfs xbou up tff nf, usvtu nf J ep. Cvu kvtu lopx uibu npnnz mpwft zpv.

"God dammit!" I yelled, kicking the tables leg, and collapsing onto the table. I wanted to cry so bad, but I couldn't. Not here. I quickly got up from my seat and rushed to my dorm, wishing that Fred wasnt following me. I walked a little faster every time I passed a corner.

I skipped down the steps that lead to the dungeon three steps at a time, in desperate need of a breakthrough. Finally I made it to the common room. I bursted through the door and booked it to my dorm. I jumped up the steps and raced down the hall. I finally made it to my dorm. I went in and slammed the door behind me, then rested my back against it, slowly falling to the ground. And finally, just breaking down and crying into my hands.

It felt like the world was caving in on itself, crumbling around me. I though finally after 13 years, I could build some type of relationship with my mother.

All I wanted was my mom.
______________
Sorry this chapter is really short, and bad, and dramatic. im not having the best day, and I had to get this done quickly because I want you guys to have daily chapters. but I promise tomorrows will be extra long and better to make it up to you all. :)