chpt 4 ~ Hera

[Bellatrix Lestranges POV]

I sat in the corner of my cell, dreading the time when the guards come in. I rocked back and forth, praying to every god known to man that Ella got my letters. Suddenly the door to my cell rattled.

"Open up Lestrange." The guard said. My mind raced back to back when I held Ella in my arms that night.

"Mommy has to go now, Ella." She whispered, bouncing and rocking Ella in her arms. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Ive made a bad mistake, and now I must pay the price. I love you, my sweet baby girl."

"I said open up." The guards voice got more stern. I slowly put my hands on the floor to help myself balance to stand up. 

"Hurry up we don't have all day." He spat. I quickened my pace slightly, reaching the door. His hand slid through the cracks, holding a small vile.

"You know the drill." He said, shaking it tiny bit. Ive lost all of my motivation to try and ask whats in it, or refuse to drink it. A few weeks ago they had to have three men hold me down, just so that the small amount of liquid would be in my system. Then yesterday, I tried pouring it behind me instead of drinking it, and the guard came in, took another vile, and once again, forced it down my throat.

I took a look at it before slowly bringing it up to my lips. Quickly, I put it all in my mouth. It tasted horrible. The texture felt like mud, mixed with powder, but at the same time very silky. Then the taste was like no taste ive ever tasted before. I cant even describe it.

"Playing nice today I see?" The man smugly asked.

"Just wait till I get out of here, you sick, twisted-"

"Im twisted? Lestrange you tortured a couple until they went mentally insane." He interrupted, his smirk bigger than ever. I couldnt really fight with him here, he was right. A frown fell upon my face as I slumped my shoulders down, and walked over to my bed, sitting down on it.

I placed my elbows on my knees and rested my chin in the palms of my hands, thinking about my daughter, hoping shes at least trying to figure out the codes I sent her.

I could never send  her an actual letter from in here. if somebody found it and knew what it actually said before it got delivered, I would be locked up for longer.
__________________
[Ellas POV In the hallways]

I casually walked through the halls of the castle, making my way to Herbology. I finally got some sleep last night, and although I was 30 minutes late to Herbology,  I was not going to let school get in the way of it.

I made it to the greenhouse doors and causally swung the doors open, while Mrs. Sprout was mid explanation. Everyones eyes shot to me.

"Ah, Miss Lestrange. Now what must be the reason you are this late to our class?" Mrs. Sprout asked, holding each end of her wand in each hand, sinking her weight into her hip. Yep, shes annoyed.

"Sorry, I had to go fold my dishes. Anyway what did I miss." I asked, walking over to sit at my usual spot next to Draco and Goyle.

"Well actually Miss Lestrange, I had assigned you each a partner to work on your next project." She said with a smile. Okay, maybe shes not annoyed? You never know with that woman.

"Okay.. well whos my partner?" I asked, putting my stuff on the boys' table.

"That would be Neville Longbottom." She said, motioning to the boy who was sitting alone at another table, red as a tomato. "Okay then." I responded, gliding over to where Neville was seated. And everyone else in the room began discussing with one another once again.