chpt 34 ~ Jealousy

Payton Blanchett

I awoke to the sound of faint giggles. I tossed my self to turn and face the sound in my bed. I fluttered my eyes open to see that Daphne was doing Pansy's makeup. She was layering eyeliner on her, and giggled with every stroke.

"Oh, Payton, you're awake!" Daphne said, putting down the tube of makeup and looking at me. Pansy turned as well, smiling.

"Mhm." I mumbled, still trying to wake up. I let my eyes close again, and I felt myself drift back into my dreams, but then the door burst open.

"ATTACK!" Blaise yelled, throwing smoke bombs on the ground. We all screamed and I scrambled out of bed. I heard Draco's laugh and the sound of water. Then, before I know it I'm drenched in water, along with Pansy and Daphne.

"Oh my God- what the hell!" Pansy yelled, standing up and looking down on the mess.

"It's not over yet, love." Theo smirked, pulling out a silly string bottle they sell at the local joke shop and started spraying it on her. Blaise began spraying Daphne with it and Draco sprayed me.

We all were laughing and screaming, and running around my room.

"Ugh, you guys act like five year old sometimes." Pansy scoffed, wiping off everything off of her pajamas. I laughed and shook my head. "I agree." I said, smiling.

"Well lucky for you three, you will always be our first victims." Draco said, laughing. "Oh dear lord, make sure you use correct context if you ever say that to someone." I laughed. He pushed my slightly "Oh shut up, you know what I mean." He smiled.

_________

Ella Lestrange

I never got sleep last night. I laid in bed, wondering why this all has to happen to me. I currently lay, fiddling with my thick hair between my fingers. I looked around my room to see all kinds of alcohol bottles on the floor, along with an empty pack of cigarettes.

The hangover doesn't even bother me anymore. I've been drinking at least once a week to deal with stress since third year, and two years later I still can't find the strength to feel it. The more I drink it, the more frail I become, needing more to keep me from going off the edge.

"Ella, dear?" Auntie asked, knocking on the door ever so softly.

"Yes?" I asked, not even bothering to get up. "Come down for breakfast dear. I made your favorite. Your friends are already down there" She said. I could hear her smile from the other side of the door. I wasn't really hungry, but I needed to eat.

I fumbled out of bed, and took a look in the mirror. There was dark circles under my eyes, mascara running down my cheeks, my lipstick smudged all around my mouth, and my hair was unbearable. I sighed as I took out my wand, aiming it at myself. I whispered a few charms to make myself look like my usual self. I glanced back in the mirror, and I look exactly like I did three days ago.

I kept my pajamas on though. I didn't want to change that. I turned around and pushed all of the evidence from last night under my bed and reached for the doorknob. I twisted it and smiled softly, walking down the halls of the manor. As I came across the staircase, remembering all the times I slid down that rail, I smiled, and walked down it slowly.

I pushed open the door that leads to the kitchen, and saw everybody waiting for me. I smiled and waved at everybody, sitting in the empty seat next to Theo and Payton.

"Good morning everyone." I said. They all smiled and said it back in a chorus.

"You missed quite the adventure this morning." Auntie pointed out, sipping her glass of wine, and gesturing to my friends. My eyes fixed with the glass. Payton shook my leg slightly under the table.