chpt 25 ~ Christmas

[Dracos POV]

It was Christmas Eve. Which meant that the Blanchets are going to come tonight for the Christmas eve ball. Their daughter Payton was a good friend of mine, but I haven't seen her since before I left for Hogwarts considering she goes to a Different magical school. It was a private school, that only let in the most prestigious of witches/wizards.

Ellas behavior earlier this week was quite odd, shes been sneaking around a lot at night, and shes seemed much happier than ever before. I was so curious as to what she was up to, but I decided against it in case it had anything to do with Potter or the Weasleys.

"Draco, Ella darling, did you double check that your rooms were cleaned?" Mother asked us, looking on her checklist. She was a perfectionist when it came to people coming over. She always had to make sure that it was perfect no matter who it was coming over. Along with parties as well. So considering we have guests and a ball tonight, is definitely going to drive her mad.

"Yes mother." I responded.

"Yup." Ella said. "Perfect. Now do you have your outfits for the ball tonight? And Ella is your room prepared for Payton to stay in with you?" Mother asked her. Ella nodded with a smile.

Thats odd, I thought she hated her, why is she suddenly so exited about it?

"Lovely. Now the Blanchetts will be here any second, So go get by the front door to greet them." Mother instructed. We both walked to the front entrance, and I could see from one of the windows that there was the long brown hair girl, being assisted out of the carriage. She had a dark maroon dress that went down to her knees, and black heels. Her mother and father followed closely behind her.

I straightened up slightly as they came closer to the door, I looked over to see Ella completely zoned out and in her own world. Mother came over behind Ella, resting her hands on her shoulders, while father came out from the kitchen, adjusting his sleeves, and standing behind me.

There was a knock on the door, and Ruby the house elf opened it, revealing Mrs. Eleanor Blanchett, and Mr. Wildof Blanchett, and Payton.

"Ah, Eleanor." Mother sighed, walking over to the woman, holding her arms out.

"Narcissa, its been a while, hasn't it." Mrs. Blanchett said. My father and Mr. Blanchett met up with each other and whisked down the hall talking about something that seemed rather important.

"Draco, Ella, why don't you and Payton get ready for the ball? And also show her to her room where she will stay for the rest of the week." Mother suggested. I nodded, and made eye contact with Payton. I nudged Ella to pay attention, since she was still completely oblivious that people have even entered the house.

"What? Oh, hello." She stated in Paytons directions. The parents have left at this point, roaming around and drinking, preparing for the ball.

"Hello Payton." I said to her, she was smiling and walking toward us.

"Hello Draco." She responded. "Ella." She added, looking over to my cousin. "Ella, why don't you go show her up to your room." I suggested to her. Her once smiled turned into a weird thing she does where she fake smiles and clenches her teeth together, and looked at me dead in the eye.

"Why don't you do it, Draco? Im terribly busy." She said through her gritted teeth. I raised one of my eyebrows and looked back at Payton.

"Follow me." I said, motioning up the grande staircase. She smiled at me then hopped up on it, climbing the stairs. I was about to glare back at Ella for being so rude, when she was gone. I furrowed my eyebrows together, but continued walking up the stairs.