chpt 30 ~ Grimmauld Place

Payton Blanchett

Me and Ella lay in the library, curled up on the couch after a long night of being higher than kites. Ella was sound asleep, while I lie awake. I couldnt stop thinking about Draco and Astoria. It was a match made in hell. Draco was 15, aggressive, cold, demeaning, and sarcastic. While Astoria was 13, sweet, angelic, accepting, and not to mention her older sister is one of Draco's best friends.

I felt Ella stirring next to me, signaling that she was waking up. She tugged at the blanket a tad, opening her eyes slightly.

"Good morning." I stated, standing up and walking over to her, pulling the blanket off of her. She groaned and went to reach for it again. I shook my head and grabbed her hand, pulling her off of the couch. "No. We have a lot to do today. Which includes you starting your first task. You have to take this seriously, Ella." I explained. She clearly was light headed from standing up to quickly and stumbled slightly.

"That wasn't a dream?" She asked. I shook my head, and led her out of the library. She whined and followed along. I dragged her through the halls of the manor, trying to tell her how important this is. As we got closer to Ella's room, meant the closer we got to Draco's. We passed his door and I got slower, but quickly picked up the pace again. I pushed Ellas room open, and it reeked of smoke. I plugged my nose and raced over to open the window.

"Dear God Ella, did you light an entire library on fire?" I asked, fanning out the contaminated air. She rolled her eyes and plopped on her bed, trying to go back to sleep. I quickly huffed and clapped my hands loudly.

"Ella! Get dressed! You have a lot to do today." I told her, going over to her dressed, picking an outfit out for her. As I was looking for her clothes I found a letter hidden between stacks of clothes, although I didn't get the chance to see who the sender was as Ella continued to complain. I whipped around and looked at her. My bright brown eyes pierced through her dark ones.

"You decided to enter that room and accept that task, Ella. Now you have to pay the price. You are playing with fire and we both know it." I snapped at her. She clenched her jaw, clearly annoyed at me. But at this point, I was more worried about her staying alive than her being mad at me.

I turned back to the dresser, only to see the letter was gone. I furrowed my eyebrows together, and continued to take out an outfit. I pulled out the clothes and threw them at her.

"Here. Take this. Breakfast will be soon. You have a lot of family things you need to catch up on." I said, walking out of the room. Ella was a.. friend.. Of mine, and I didn't want to see her do this, but she made the deal, so she must return the favor. I walked down to Draco's room and knocked on the door softly.

No response.

I knocked again, but a little louder. Still nothing. I rolled my eyes and opened the door, seeing Draco fast asleep. I walked over to him and slapped the back of his head.

"Up." I demanded. He groaned, turning to face me. Once he made Eye contact, he jumped and sat up. I curved an eyebrow at him. "Breakfast will be done soon. I expect Astoria will be joining us?" I said, crossing my arms and sitting into my hip.

"She left hours ago." He mumbled, face turning pink. I nodded and bit my lips to make myself not speak. "Your cousin is in the other room, and is perfectly fine. Thanks so much for helping making her feel back at home." I breathed, giving him a sarcastic smile. He looked down and began fiddling with his hands.

"Apologize to her, and get to breakfast." I told him, grabbing his door. "And one more thing," I started leaving the room. "Use the muffliato charm next time." I said, slamming the door behind me.