chpt 22 ~ The Ball

The next few days were fairly frustrating, as I tried every possible way to avoid both of the twins, along with Draco.

Pansy has been checking up on me everyday since she found me in the bathroom, and wont let me out of her sight.

The ball was tomorrow night, and I still didn't have a real date. Of course there's that guy from Hogsmade, but Im not really going to show up with him. Ive been debating options throughout my sleepless nights, and I think I have the perfect way to get back at Draco.

I wondered through the halls looking for the specific person, looking high and low. Until, there he was.

Harry Potter.

I walked up behind him, and turned him around by gripping his shoulder. Of course, his little minions were staring at me, confused.

"Potter." I greeted. He raised a brow and looked me up and down.

"Lestrange." He responded, glaring down at me.

"You, me, the ball tomorrow. No questions asked." I demanded. He tilted his head, and quickly turned to look at his friends, who were encouraging him.

"Whats in it for me?" He asked. I smirked in response.

"Making your enemy immensely angry." I simply stated. Harry took a second to think, then cleared his throat.

"Fine, but you owe me." He replied. "Perfect." I said with a growing smirk, holding my hand out for him to shake. He glared at me before gripping my hand to a short handshake.

"Meet me outside of the dungeons at 8:00pm tomorrow. Your tie will be black to match my dress." I stated, beginning to walk in the other direction of the hall. I didn't look back to see his reaction, I just walked away with a purpose.

I looked in the corner of my eye to see Pansy with a disappointed and angry look on her face, storming up to me.

"Ella, what was that?" She asked angrily, pulling me to face her.

"What do you mean?" I responded innocently. Pansy rolled her eyes and shoved my shoulder. "Asking potter to be your date?" She questioned me. I shrugged and tried to walk away, when she grabbed my wrist and pulled me to look at her.

"Ella, do you know how this is going to hurt your reputation? Daphne, Blaise and Draco are going to kill you." She explained. I let out a deep exhale and gave her a pouted look.

"Pansy ill be fine, its only to make Draco mad-"

"Mad? Ella, he's going to murder both you and Potter." She said. I began getting frustrated. "You're so protective over me, im not a baby!" I snapped. Pansys face softened and she backed away.

"Oh. Well uhm, ill let you do whatever you want then.." She mumbled, walking away, and disappearing around the corner of the corridor. "Pansy wait-"

Suddenly I felt a pressure of on my shoulders. I tensed my body and closed my eyes.

"You thought if you ignored us your issues would just dissolve?" I heard Freds snotty voice say.

"This is really not a good time." I seethed, tightening my teeth together. So many things were happening at once, I couldn't process it.

"Did you really think avoiding us would do anything, Lestrange?" Fred asked, walking around my body to face me, George following.

"Ive just been more invested with other things in my life than your childish pranks." I sighed, turning around to walk away.

But of course, the twins didnt let that happen.

I felt a tightening on my wrist, and turned back to see George gripping it. I rolled my eyes and stood in place.