Chapter 4

Well here I am again... sitting beside Draco Malfoy in class. I was getting tired of sitting next to Draco every single class. I know for a fact I'm not his only friend. This time we were sitting in Charms, taught by Professor Flitwick. He was telling us about the Cheering Charm, which created joy amongst a person. The charm was invented by Felix Summerbee between the mid-15th century and 1508. Pretty amazing right? I thought it was rather interesting. Charms has always been my favorite and my most excellent subject. After this class, we had to take one of our electives. Third years had to take two or more electives. I had chosen Care of Magical Creatures and Divination.

"I hoped you all learned something today. Class is dismissed," announced Professor Flitwick.

"What was your other elective?" I asked turning to Draco.

"Study of Ancient Ruins," replied Draco, "You?"

"Divination," I said sadly," But I'll see you after school."

"I guess so."

Draco walks off and leaves my backpack with me after carrying it all day for me. I planned to write him a thank you letter for his temporary kindness. I was notably despondent that I didn't have class with Draco. Actually, I wasn't even a bit sad! This gave me the perfect opportunity to sit with Hermione or Harry in class. I knew they both had Divination. I sped up to catch up with Hermione in the hallways. Hermione was with that Ginny Weasley girl again.

"Hermione! Ginny! Guess what! Draco doesn't have Divination but I do. Which means... I can sit with you guys without Draco knowing!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"That's amazing!" exclaimed Hermione, "But exactly why can't Draco know?"

"Well you know, he doesn't necessarily like Mudbloods and..."

I realized what I had said when I saw Hermione looked a bit offended.

"Not that being a Mudblood is a bad thing! I still consider you to be a true witch and there is nothing wrong with that. I was just saying that Draco is hateful towards you and Harry and Ron."

"It's alright, Holly," she smiled, "I knew what you meant. And yes I understand."

She rolled her eyes just at the subtle thought of Draco.

"Hey Holly," said Ginny out of the blue ," Is Draco still carrying your bag?"

"No," I replied," He gave it to me before..."

The smile I had slowly faded away when I realized I left my bag in Charms. It was still laying on my desk! I had to go back and get it!

"I completely forgot to grab my backpack on my way out of Charms class. I have to go hurry and get it!"

Before either Hermione or Ginny could answer, I turned around and sprinted down the halls. I couldn't believe I had forgotten my bag at a time like this! I feel like I've been running all day! When I got to Charms, Professor Flitwick was already standing at the entrance with my bag in his hand.

"Ah! Miss Holly, I knew you would come back," said Professor Flitwick.

"Thank you, Professor," I said while I was out of breath.

I quickly took my bag and raced all the way to Divination. I already knew I was going to be late. My only chance to sit with my friends was ruined, all because I accidently left my bag. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I gradually opened the door and I felt all eyes on me.

"Being late on the first day of school, eh?" asked Professor Trelawney," That's alright dear just have a seat next to Harry over there."

Well at least I wasn't in major trouble. I went over to where Harry was sitting. He adjusted his glasses and looked from the clear, crystal ball in the center of the table to meet my eyes. Once I made eye contact, I noticed his eyes were a calm green color. His dark black hair was pushed away from his face, revealing his lightening scar on his forehead. He politely smiled as I sat down.