Chapter 1

There I was, standing in front of the entrance to get to Platform 9 and 3/4 and mostly out of breath from running there. I was not running late or anything; I just managed to get here as fast as I could.

It happened to be a rather busy day at Kings Cross Station in London. Muggles were scattered everywhere, sprinting to get to their train. The place was also quite noisy as well. Conversations and the smell of coffee floated around in the air. But there I was, standing in front of what happens to be the door to Platform 9 and 3/4, the brick barrier in between Platforms 9 and 10. I felt unusually weird staring at a brick section between Platforms 9 and 10. I quietly stood, dragging a large brown suitcase and holding a brown briefcase. My luggage were dreadfully leaden, for I had packed almost my entire bedroom. Well, only a few minutes pass, and I am still awkwardly standing. I've done this many times, but for some reason I was procrastinating more than ever. I walked up a little ways to the entrance. I took a few more steps until I was sure I was close enough. I was looking straight forward and no where else but forward. I reached out my foot to touch the sturdy bricks. My foot had vanished into the bricks and was no where in sight. I put my foot back down on the floor slowly and grabbed a better grip of my luggage. Without counting to three, I quickly hurried through. I had disappeared into the bricks and was no longer at Kings Cross but at Platform 9 and 3\4. I felt notably cold and tingling when I had run through, which was a remarkably odd feeling. And there it was, the bright red Hogwarts Express. It was more beautiful and shinier than I had remembered. It appeared to have changed over the summer. Maybe a new paint job perhaps? There also seemed to be more people attending Hogwarts this year than last year. Children were running around while others were already on the train. Many parents waved goodbye to their dear children. It must be hard for parents to have to leave their kids for several months. It might be for my parents. I wouldn't know.

I slammed all my luggage down for the other people to pack it all up in my dorm. I felt completely relieved when I no longer had to carry such heavy weight. I walked away from my luggage to find the entrance to the train. I had spotted it and began walking that way. As I was approaching the entrance, I thought I sensed someone getting closer to me. Suddenly, I feel a hand gently touch my shoulder. It was no other than Draco Malfoy, my best friend! I turned around to meet his gaze, his hand falling from my shoulder.

" Why hello Draco," I said.

" Hello Holly," replied Draco, "Come on lets get on the train. We can talk more there."

He stepped in front of me and I began to follow him onto the train. It was pretty hard to keep up with Draco considering he walks extremely fast. Wow! What happened to Draco over the summer? He is so tall and finally learned what a decent hair style looks like!

Finally, Draco stopped at a table where Blaise and Pansy were sitting waiting for us. Draco sits down, and I take a seat next to him. As I was placing my bag under the table, I hear Pansy say...

" Why hello Holly!"

" Hi Pansy! How are you?" I replied.

She was much pleased to see me.

" I'm well," replied Pansy," I have missed you so much!"

Pansy and I were both shrieking and talking so loudly that the entire train cart could hear, but I didn't seem to care. I was so excited to see my best friend again. I could have sworn I heard Blaise say " girls am I right?", but when I asked what he had said, he said " nothing". The four of us went on about our lovely summers... especially Draco. We get it Draco... your family is rich.

Twenty minutes fly by, and the trolley comes by our table.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" the sweet old lady asked.