Chapter 29

Blaise came dashing up behind me as I stopped to take a breath in the dungeons.

"What was that all about," he asked stressfully.

"It's fine. I'm- I'm fine," I replied, angry with myself and the whole world around me.

"What happened?" he demanded.

"Nothing. Nothing happened."

"Really? Because I seriously doubt you and Malfoy were simply just having a friendly chat out there."

I sighed. "I'll tell you in the common room."

Retelling the story was like reliving it all over again.

I then followed Blaise into the Slytherin common room, and we made our way to an unoccupied corner which was near a window. We stood there for a short moment without anyone saying anything.

"Well?" he questioned, more out of genuine concern than rage.

I took a deep breath. "I was just walking when Crabbe tripped me and shortly after, Malfoy. Parkinson, and Goyle showed up to do God knows what."

My frustration was recognizable as I very shortly summarized what happened to me.

"Did they follow you out there?"

"How else would they have gotten there? By apparating?"

I was fuming with unspeakable rage on the inside, yet I did not want to let it all entirely loose in the common room.

"I cannot explain how infuriated they make me feel," I admitted, attempting to calm myself within.

Then abruptly, I looked up at Blaise.

"How come you saved me and were not out there with them?" I questioned him, catching him slightly off guard.

"Pansy had always talked ill of you," he confessed, "I'm sorry. I truly am. I just did not want to start any drama."

Pansy talked about me behind my back? Why does the truth have to always hurt?

"Well, I won't have to rely on you for that now," I remarked sarcastically.

"It's just- when I found out why, it made me so angry. It was all too late though."

"Why what?"

"Why Pansy did not like being friends with you. She only wanted Draco's attention. She thought you were super annoying and said that you might as well be a Gryffindor since you hang out with them a lot."

"And that made you angry?" I asked perplexed, with a slight hint of unhinged vexation in my tone.

He had known all this time and did not want to start any drama!?!? I would prefer to argue that all this sudden drama and betrayal could have been prevented if I would have been informed sooner, but it certainly was not an argument worth starting.

Blaise searched around the room distressed, as if to check if anyone was watching or listening. He lowered his voice.

"I liked Pansy, okay? I had a huge crush on her. I would have done anything for her. But she has always liked Draco. Not me."

The pain in his voice when he said "not me" was truly devastating to hear. I had no idea he liked Parkinson like that, but, now looking back, it made sense. He simply liked Parkinson and did not want to make her upset. In fact, he probably still has feelings with her, but dealing with the heart break has probably put him in denial with himself.

"She lied to me too," he continued, "She played with my feelings. She went along with it as if I were just a game to her. The only thing we can do now is accept our hurt."