Chapter 27

I remembered a year ago today when I had sprinted away from the clutches of my parents and through the busy crowds of Kings Cross Station. I had felt free to be away from them for another ten months and found it a blessing that they still let me attend Hogwarts. On that day, however, I never knew that that would be the last time I would ever run from my mum and dad. Now they suffer in Azkaban, their unknown, evil plans delayed for a good while. This time, I eagerly ran towards Platform 9 and 3/4 but for a much different reason than I had before. My heart was racing from nervous-excitement. Kasper had shouted at me to slow down, but all noise was tuned out around me. I could not wait. I could hardly think. I was only a few minutes away from seeing Harry, so I skipped onto the Hogwarts Express with a heart full of enthusiasm. Malfoy had departed to another entrance to the train, but me and Kasper walked together on through the train cart, which overflowed with numerous people who were reconnecting with their friends since being on summer break. The nostalgic smell of the inside of the train filled my nose and reminded me of some unforgettable memories on this train.

"I know where Harry and his friends sit," I told Kasper as we squeezed through the corridor.

"You go find him. I'll find somewhere to sit."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. I'll see you later." He smiled then pushed through the multitude and traveled the way from which we came from.

I was now only a few steps away from the compartment.

I slammed open the sliding door and startled Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

"Harry!" I gasped loudly in excitement.

I waited two months for this moment and it has finally come. There he sat, chatting with Hermione and Ron who sat across from him. He glared up at me and everything in me wanted to fall into his arms. He appeared much different since his once short, brown hair was now remarkably bushy and, in my opinion,  needed trimming. Hermione jumped from her seat and embraced me with a friendly hug, going on and on about how much she missed me. Of course, I was also thrilled to see her, but I glanced over her shoulder, yet again eyeing Harry with a longing and blissful look. He was in the middle of discussing something with Ron which I presumed they had been talking about before I barged in unexpectedly. Hermione then let go of me and quickly noticed where my attention was set.

"Harry! Your girlfriend is here!" she announced teasingly.

I gave her an approving smile. Harry once again fixed his gaze upon me, though not in the way I had imagined in my daydreams.

"Hi Holly," he said, patting the empty seating space next to him with his hand.

I relaxed a little on the inside and eagerly crashed onto the cushion next to him. For a moment, I must have thought something was off.

They had been talking about the incident which happened at the Quidditch World Cup on August 18th. I remembered hearing about it from Malfoy, who went with his father while me, Kasper, and Narcissa remained at home. Basically, a group of Death Eaters had stormed the campsite, destroying everything in their path. One of them even casted the Dark Mark symbol into the sky, and the picture was all over the newspapers. The have yet to figure out who did it.

"So Holly," began Hermione, changing the subject, "How was your summer at Malfoy Manor?"

"I bet it was bloody awful," commented Ron as he popped a handful of chocolates into his mouth. Hermione gave him a subtle yet disgusted stare.

"It was not that bad actually... besides Malfoy being there anyways."

"Oh no," gasped Hermione. It was clear in her tone that she was just about done with Malfoy. "What did he do?"