Chapter 32

I tried to process the shock which was still processing through my brain.

"I don't remember you telling me about that," I confessed to Harry.

"It was nothing," Harry shrugged his shoulders carelessly, "but I thought you said you wanted to change the subject?"

"Right, sorry, but I do have one more question. Do you remember that one fight you and Malfoy got into? The one where I punched him?"

I realized in the Astronomy Tower that night and I was reminded when you took a punch to my face.

"Just as if it were yesterday. What about it?"

"Who exactly started that fight?"

Harry glanced up at me and raised an eyebrow as if the answer to my question were obvious.

"Who do you think? It was that bleach blond prick."

Well, Malfoy did actually lie about one thing. I always had a feeling he had initiated the first verbal insult only to cause a scene which no one would forget. Of course, that was not in Harry's nature so I don't know why I even considered that it was him. Malfoy did lie about that, but why?

Now, I suppose I can understand why Harry would seek out Malfoy and say all those things to him. After all, he is a protective boyfriend. However, I never actually told Harry that I had wanted nothing to do with Malfoy nor any of those other things. Well, not at that time anyways. Of course, we can agree times are much different now. I assure anyone that it is safe to say that Malfoy wants nothing to do with me presently, and the feeling is mutual. Though, one thing which did trouble me was that Malfoy had actually been telling the truth. However, this does not mean I feel even the slightest pity for Malfoy. He has only brought all of this upon himself. It does turn out that he was not just lying about Harry only to cause me to feel sorry for him, but he has put me and several others through much more difficult situations. There is no help which I can give to Malfoy. Although, it does seem oddly suspicious he told a truth in one area and a lie in another.

"Anyways," I began, "I will actually be changing the subject now. When is the first task for the Triwizard Tournament?"

We both chatted for a few minutes on how he was going to defeat a dragon without a wand for the first task. Fighting a dragon proposed to be an impossible task to conquer, and also sounded unreasonable for a fourteen year old boy to do on his own. He presented his theories to me on how he would survive the task, but all of them came with an inconvenience and could possibly never work.

"Hey Harry, are you sure you don't need a haircut?" I randomly suggested.

"No, why?"

"Well, you continue to push back falling strands of hair away from your face every two seconds it feels like," I teased.

"It's alright. I actually kind of like it this way."

"Very well then."

"Anyways, how long have we been here?" asked Harry, looking around for a clock.

I glanced over at the grandfather clock which stood idle in one of the corners of the room.

"About an hour or so I believe."

"Don't you think the date is over now?"

"Oh...well- I mean- I never intended to have a time limit, but I suppose we can be done."

Harry appeared to be in a rush to leave, yet we also have also been here for over an hour. I guess it was reasonable enough.

"Thank you. I need to be coming up with a way to survive the first task." Harry said as he got up from his seat. "Hermione says the first place to start would be the library."