Chapter 5

(I know this scene doesn't take place in January but we are going to pretend it does)

"Yeah you're not dangerous at all are you? You great ugly brute!''

Draco had become jealous of Harry for being able to ride a Hippogriff in our Care of Magical Creatures lesson. He had made a huge mistake trying to approach the Hippogriff without any caution whatsoever. Buckbeak, the Hippogriff, raised itself high in the air and came back down to hit Draco in the arm. He laid in the dirt, whimpering...

"It's killed me! It's killed me!"

Everyone around ran away from the beast but I couldn't help but laugh. I mean yes... my friend did just get knocked down but it was Draco's reaction that was hysterical. He groaned being the drama queen he is. I didn't actually believe he was hurt that bad. All it did was tear his sleeve but who knows.

"Calm down! It's just a scratch!" exclaimed Hagrid with a bit of worry in his voice.

"Hagrid! He needs to be taken to the Hospital Wing immediately!" exclaimed Hermione.

At these words, Hagrid picked up the miserable boy and instantly dismissed the class. I decided I would grab Draco's belongings from Crabbe and lay them in the Hospital Wing with him. And so, I did according to plan, and once I had Draco's bag, I sprinted towards Hagrid.

"You are going to regret this! You and your bloody chicken!" threatened Draco, still whimpering in pain.

"Oh please," I mumbled.

"See there Holly! I could have died!"

"Well Hagrid did warn you about insulting it. Honestly, I doubt you could go one minute without insulting someone. But an insulting an animal! You've gone mad!"

Hagrid didn't look at me but I could tell by his facial expressions that he seemed off. I read his mind very clearly. A Slytherin standing up against Draco Malfoy? Most importantly... the only Slytherin standing up against Draco Malfoy. But while the Slytherins blamed Hagrid, I blamed Draco for his arrogant acts. Someone has to set him straight most days.

"Are you blind? Did you not see how it attacked me!"

"Oh yes I saw very clearly how you walked up to it without bowing."

"My father will hear about this!"

"Pathetic," I mumbled under my breath.

Draco was too busy whining and complaining that he didn't hear those last few words.

Once we had made it to the Hospital Wing, I told Hagrid thank you for carrying Draco since he obviously wasn't going to. Hagrid laid him down in a near by bed and went on about his day. I pulled up a random chair beside Draco's hospital bed and began to tell the nurses the entire story. Well at least I tried. Draco kept interrupting me, making the actual story ten times worse than it actually was. I watched as the two nurses wrapped a bandage around Draco's arm and gave him a sling. Once the nurse had moseyed on, Draco turned his head towards me.

"Does your arm legit hurt?" I questioned. 

"Yes! Why are you so skeptical?"

"Ok! Ok! I believe you!"

When in all of reality I didn't necessarily think he was that broken.

"Good grief," I giggled as I ran my fingers through his messy hair, moving any strands of hair from his face.

"What?" asked Draco, smiling.

"Nothing."

"Well," I added," We should be making our way to our Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson."