Chapter 10

Sunday afternoon:
Hogwarts lay blanketed in pristine white snow. The surrounding air presented a chilly and frigid atmosphere. I pulled my coat tighter around me as I felt a strong breeze push against me. It only continued to snow as time was passing by.

Where is he?

I took a short stroll along the castle walls to distract my mind away from the boredom. I walked on the icy stone pathway as snow fell into my midst. Snowflakes fell gracefully from the sky and some stuck to my eyelashes. All that could be seen beyond the horizon was white. All of Hogwart's grounds was overlaid in pearly white snow. And because so much snow was falling from the sky, I myself was also submerged in it.

Finally, he came.

I caught sight of Kasper making his way towards me.

"Took you long enough," I said.

"Sorry. Are you ready to go?"

"I have been ready. Seriously, what was holding you back?"

"I erm- couldn't find my sweater."

"Really Kas?"

"Yes. Come on let's just go."
——————————————————————-
(At Hogsmede):

Kasper and I decided to spend our Sunday together at Hogsmede. I insisted that he accompany me and, after a lot of convincing, he finally agreed. Once we got there, we headed straight for the Three Broomsticks.

"Go grab us a table. I'll get us butter beers," I told Kasper.

Five minutes later, we were sitting at a table and enjoying our drinks.

"You are covered in snow," mentioned Kasper.

"Yeah because I was outside for ten minutes waiting for you."

"Well that's not my fault."

"Oh shut it."

I watched from our table as more students came flooding in. The line stretched outside the doors. I was glad me and Kasper got there at the time we did.

I was taking a sip from my glass of butter beer when Kasper asked me a question.

"So are you and Draco still... you know... mutual?"

"Well yes," I replied in confusion, "Why do you ask?"

"Oh well I assumed since you were dating Harry that-."

I licked the butterbeer off my lips as I thought about it. I opened my mouth to speak but then slowly closed it.

"You haven't told him, have you?" asked Kasper in realization.

"No actually. It's going to be a bit of a shock once I do," I said with a small laugh.

However, Kasper was not laughing.

"Are you afraid?" he asked.

Was I? Was I afraid that Draco would want nothing to do with me? Was I worried about his opinion concerning my relationship with Harry?

You'll see.

I still did not know what he meant by that and, I have to admit, I was afraid to know. That conversation in itself puzzled me. Another thing that really puzzled me was what happened last night. Draco remained a mystery to me.

"No," I answered, "I'm just finding the right time, that's all."

But in reality, I did not think I could ever tell him.

Kasper nodded as he lifted his half empty glass of butter beer to his lips.

"Well actually," I began, "I'm not sure how he'll react which is why I haven't told him."