Chapter 44

Something very tragic will happen in your life! Something devastating that will leave you heartbroken!

There's someone else who will be waiting for you after it is all said and done. Someone who has loved you since day one.

——————————————————————-

So, for the most awaited question. Are Draco and I friends again? Well, things do not always fall back into place automatically. It will take time for everything to go back to the way it all once was. At the moment, I would not say we are friends, but not necessarily enemies. I do believe that it may be rather complicated to explain. We will just continue one step at a time, starting from the very beginning.

"Hello! I'm Holly Rosewood. What's your name?" I introduced myself to the tall, blond boy.

"Malfoy," he replied. "Draco Malfoy."

Once again, we were strangers starting to get to know each other. This was how we decided to rebuild our friendship.

For the next few months of school, I continued to attend my classes as usual.

"Are you going to explain?" Kasper quizzed me one day while we were both walking to class.

"About what exactly?"

"Between you and him?"

"Oh, Draco?" I understood Kasper immediately. "It is a long story."

"It must be if you are calling him by his first name."

I was glad he noticed.

I then informed Hermione about the "Draco" situation that same day.

"What?" Hermione had reacted to my sayings as if I murdered someone. "Don't you remember what he did to you?"

"Not really," I shrugged my shoulders.

Of course, I remembered everything as if it were yesterday. However, I have faith that Draco is starting to seek his redemption. What better apology could he have made?

Yes! I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I will say it as many times as you want me to. I will say sorry to you with my last breath. I just beg for your forgiveness. Please.

Never did I expect those words to come out of the twisted, cold-hearted Draco Malfoy.

Hermione was not completely for the idea, but respected my decision for the most part.

Later on after school, an unexpected person approached me. That person being Potter.

"Holly," he addressed me in an awkward manner.

"Potter," I replied, confused to say the least.

"Rosewood," he tried again, "How are you?"

"Splendid. How about you?"

"Brilliant."

For a moment, there was an awkward tension in the air. He approached me, therefore, I waited for him to further carry on the conversation.

"I uhm- see you and Malfoy are... friends again."

Indeed, his speech was portraying to be oddly random. I had no idea where he was going with this.

"Yes, I suppose," I answered.

Now that I think about it, I had never needed to separate from Draco. I had needed to separate from Potter all along. Just glaring at him caused me to recall all the heartbreak and agony he put me through. He ignored me for so long, and now he decides to randomly approach me as if nothing ever happened between us.

"Has he uh done anything crazy lately?" Potter quietly laughed.

But I was not laughing.

"I mean- other than running into a wall the other day. Not really."

"Oh-"

I still did not quite understand where Potter's intentions lied.

"Why does he concern you?" I questioned, trying to come across as innocent.

"Well, I mean he doesn't, but- Malfoy is just-"

"The wrong sort?" I finished his sentence, finally understanding him.

"Yes, exactly! You get it, which is why maybe you should not be around him. I mean talk about a loser, am I right?" Potter laughed at his own words of mockery.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks," I replied, unintentionally stealing his words he said to Draco once long ago.

This wiped Potter's smirk right off his face, a satisfying sight to see.

"Seriously?" he complained. "You will be friends with Malfoy, but when I ask you to be friends, you just throw away the letter?"

I smiled at him.

"The difference is," I began, "Draco did something you failed to do all along."

"What did Malfoy possibly do that I didn't?" asked Potter in puzzled irritation.

I glared at him for a long moment without an answer. I then simply walked away, stopping the conversation right there.

What could be the answer to Potter's question?

Apologize. Potter failed to apologize.