Chapter 11

Monday night:
I was seated beside Harry in the Great Hall. I continued to eat at the Gryffindor table and so far no one has caught me or even suspected me yet. I'm honestly surprised since I'm sure most students have figured it out by now. Perhaps they are just minding their own business.

A lively conversation took place at the long, extensive table. But even as I made idle conversation with everyone around me, I could not help but think of the boy I was over, done with, tired of. Yet his glacier blue eyes and cocky grin still crossed my mind. Just the thoughts made me worried and overall anxious. I was overthinking it, I knew. But no matter how hard I tried to convince myself I was just overwhelmed, I couldn't help but wonder-

Why is he in my head?

"Holly?"

I had been too caught up in my own thoughts to even hear and acknowledge Harry.

"Sorry," I muttered, cheeks pinking, pushing all thoughts of Draco Malfoy away. I was with Harry. Smart, wonderful, precious Harry. I drew in a deep breath. "Can you say that again?"

"It wasn't anything important," Harry said, gently brushing my hair behind my ear. His brow furrowed with concern.

"Are you okay? You seem a little out of it."

He rested a hand on my shoulder and my heart melted at his touch.

"Just thinking," I replied, forcing a tired smile. "I think I'm just going to head off to bed."

Disappointment flashed across Harry's face, and my heart panged with regret.

"Are you sure you're ok?"

I rested a hand on his, unable to meet his eyes. "Yes, Harry. I'm just tired. That's all. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night."

"Sleep well, ok?"

While I genuinely hated lying to Harry, I felt something that I've been putting off for a long time needed to be taken care of. I was on my way to talk to Draco.

I walked quietly through the corridors of the castle, searching for Draco. Though night had fallen outside, you would not have known if not for the windows, for the hallways glowed with light. My steps echoed throughout the extensive halls. When I found no use in checking every single corridor, I headed for the most obvious place- the Slytherin common room.

To my surprise, I did not spot him.

Where could he be?

I seemed to run into him everywhere but when I purposely wanted to see him, he was nowhere to be seen.

Having been defeated, I headed to my dorm room. However, during the long hours of the night, I started to become bored and despite how frigid it was outside, I went to the Astronomy Tower.

I felt the cold gnawing at my skin as I crept up the winding staircase. Immediately, I felt the cold of the night rush over me like a mighty wind. I drew in a deep breath as I took in the freezing air around me.

But then I caught sight of him.

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. The first night I spent at Hogwarts I could not remove him from my mind and I have yet to know why.

He was leaning onto the railing, staring off into the distance. The ongoing gentle breeze had blown his platinum blond hair in every direction possible. From where I stood, his eyes appeared as a soft metallic gray and not their regular shade of blue. However, I knew if I stepped closer I would be able to see the true color of his eyes.