Chapter 16

I trotted through the corridors, arms crossed and my gaze casted downwards. I honestly don't know why I excused myself. I felt stressed and my only impulse was to walk away from the situation. I just told so much new information about myself and just walked away. Part of me wanted to go back but I felt it would be too awkward to return right after leaving. So instead, I had no other option but to walk around aimlessly.

Then I looked up to see Malfoy, Pansy, and Blaise huddled in a group, probably gossiping about something or someone. I would have liked to have gone and talked to Blaise and Pansy, but not Malfoy. Plus, I truly wasn't in the mood.

I remembered in that moment of how we all used to be one big friend group. Not too long ago, I was laughing with Pansy about something Blaise said or throwing a paper airplane at Malfoy's head during class. All my thoughts jumped from one to the next and I had not realized how long I had been staring at the group. Once I had snapped out of my trance, I accidentally made direct eye contact with Malfoy for the first time in months. It had to be the weirdest thing ever to see Malfoy in a way I had never seen him before. Meeting his gaze seemed foreign to me but I could recognize those eyes from a mile away. His expression was bored but he appeared to be staring back at me on purpose.

I shook myself, gave a polite smile, and began on my way with my head down in embarrassment. Of course I got side tracked and stared at someone for too long and of course it had to be Malfoy out of all people. I really need to have a better attention span. Though, I am notoriously known for doing stupid things while I'm stressed. I also needed to learn to let go of all the memories I have with Malfoy. I needed to be away from him. I shouldn't even look at him. He has basically forgotten I exist. I doubt he ever thinks about me. It's just weird to know someone for so long then suddenly have nothing to do with them. However, it's his fault and I could care less. I honestly don't care.

Out of nowhere, I heard many voices. They were immensely low yet audible voices coming from a distance. Their tones sounded serious and I realized the conversation was coming from the Hospital Wing.

I wondered if it had anything to do with Kasper. I carefully peaked through the small crack between the two large doors, my curiosity taking the best of me.

"Come on, Kasper, tell Dumbledore what you told me," said Madam Pomfrey.

What was going on?

"My parents- Holly's parents- they have the Dark Mark. They have had it for years-."

Was I hearing this correctly?

My anxiety levels were rising back up and I was listening super closely.

"And exactly how long have they possessed the Dark Mark?" asked Dumbledore.

"Five years," answered Kasper, "But please don't tell them I told on them. They may hurt me."

"We won't let anyone hurt you. Do you hear that, Minister?"

"I'll send some aurors over there immediately. We will protect you, Kasper. We promise," said , who I am assuming is, Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic.

Then I heard footsteps and was taken back when the two front doors were opened by the Minister. I stood there awkwardly as everyone stared at me.

"Please, Holly, come inside," offered Dumbledore.

———————————————————————

Very short I know but I knew I had to write something since I haven't in awhile. To make up for this I'll make the next chapter very long.