Chapter 34

I entered into the Slytherin common room, only to find Kasper and Blaise playing a game of chess amongst a group of people who were doing other things such as studying and completing homework.

"Oh, hey Holly," said Blaise as he made his next move on the chess board.

"Holly!" remarked Kasper gladly. "Have you heard-"

My countenance was exceedingly and noticeably troubled, for I stood with my hand covering my mouth. I also struggled to hold back the unfallen tears which saturated my eyes. Kasper shot up instantly from his seating place on the couch when he saw my condition. As he did so, his knee accidentally collided with the coffee table where the chess board was setting, knocking over all the pieces off the board.

"No, Holly, don't do that," Kasper pleaded.

"What happened?" asked Blaise.

Now the same crowd who had been discussing answers to upcoming tests and working ahead in certain classes were now watching me with worried eyes. I began to feel embarrassed just standing there awkwardly, glaring at everyone with empty eyes. I strived to force down my tears and say a few words, yet every attempt I made, I only felt the horrible urge to sob. Instead, I rushed away to my dorm with my face in my hands.

(Third Person View)

Kasper was left feeling puzzled, with confusion and perturbation clear on his expression as he brought his hand to his face.

"What just happened?" he whispered to himself, letting his hand drop back down to his side.

"What's wrong with Holly?" asked one of the Slytherin girls in the area with a worried outlook.

"I have no clue," answered Kasper honestly.

"Do you think it was Malfoy?" asked Blaise.

Kasper, Blaise, and the others spotted Malfoy staring intently in their direction, as he had been doing during the previous scenario. The others ignored the rest of the conversation and continued on what they had been doing before Holly entered the room. Kasper and Blaise, however, had some things to take care of.

Kasper's gaze transitioned to a cold and hardened expression at the sight of Malfoy. The weight of his gaze was intimidating, even for Malfoy. The two boys never broke eye contact, slowly advancing closer to each other.

"Don't look at me," stated Malfoy, tossing a green apple in his hand carelessly.

"Who else could it have been?" Kasper cocked an eyebrow at the blonde boy, convinced that Holly's current state was a result of Malfoy's doings.

"Don't know," remarked Malfoy.

"If you are the reason, then I swear to Merlin-"

"I've done nothing," Malfoy cut him off then trailed away without another word.

Kasper sighed deeply, crashing onto the couch. He then began to wonder what Malfoy could have done. Kasper had no room to believe that none of this was his fault.

"Holly's dorm room is the third one on the right if you want to go check on her," suggested Blaise.

"Do you think I should?"

"You saw her, didn't you? She looked traumatized."

"You're right. I'll do my best."

(Holly's POV)

A few minutes later after trudging up to my dorm, I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called out, not in the mood for company.