Chapter 35

The next day, I avoided any potential contact with Harry, all while secretly hoping deep down that he would approach me and apologize. I spotted him multiple times that day. He had plenty of chances, yet he took advantage of none of those opportunities. Instead, I would see him talking to his friends and forgetting my existence. He had the audacity to yell at me yesterday and could not even say sorry. Maybe he thought I would just brush off the incident and forget about it. However, he is most certainly mistaken.

I informed Hermione and Ginny about the incident after Potions class.

"That's not like Harry at all," Ginny had mentioned after hearing my story.

"He does have a temper," reminded Hermione as if I was not already aware. "Perhaps he will apologize now since he has calmed down since yesterday."

Hermione happened to be the one who had gave me such false hope. Her words presumed to be convincing enough, but I knew I had to prepare myself in case I was let down.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized how uncomfortable I felt around Harry. I used to feel special and loved when I entered into his presence. However, I cannot lie to myself and say that is still the case. Nothing just has been the same. Everything seemed to be falling apart, people were turning their backs on me, and I was doing everything I could do to stay together.

In fact, I was doing too much.

I had glanced at Malfoy at one point during my morning journey through the corridors. Every time I laid eyes on him, I thought about the fight and how Harry had fooled me.

The person who loathed me told me the truth, and the person who loved me told me a lie.

It was about 7:00 p.m. Kasper and I lounged in the library on the soft, cozy couch, copying off each other's notes from Transfiguration class. After we finished that, I had to help Kasper do an essay on the reign of Gerret Grindelwald, an evil wizard who sought to take over the world before You-Know-Who.

"You can also add something in there about Nina Scamander, Willow Abernathy, and Professor McGonagall too," I commented after reading his essay.

"That story happened after his death. It just has to be about the time when he was alive," said Kasper.

"He would have risen from the dead if it were not for them," I added.

"That's true," he considered.

"Just turn this in," I replied as I handed him his essay back. "You should get an A."

Before Kasper could thank me for my help, someone entered into our midst unexpectedly, causing the atmosphere around us to suddenly shift. My heart rate increased when I recognized who stood not too far from where me and Kasper were seated.

"Hey Holly," said Harry, fidgeting with his hands. "May I have a word with you?"

I looked at Kasper in need of some support. He just glowered back at me as if it were only my decision alone. I then peered back at Harry, who was glaring at me intently, waiting for an answer.

"Yes," I replied.

Kasper then leaned in closer to whisper a few words in my ear. I nodded my head before he made his leave.

"So," began Harry rather awkwardly, "I just have a small proposal to offer you."

I glared at him, failing to understand his intentions.

"It's merely a suggestion," he added carefully, "for our relationship."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it then?"