Chapter 13

Right in front of me were several students standing in a circle, making room in the middle for a fight that was about to go down between Harry and Malfoy.

I did not need this today. There's already so much drama happening and a lot to deal with. And somehow it's all centered around me.

Everything could be heard between Harry and Malfoy from a long distance.

"You really came to defend for your girlfriend, Potter?"

This remark caused a laughing fit to come from the group of Slytherins that stood behind Malfoy.

"Malfoy, if you are here to fight, I rather not."

"What? You were so brave threatening me a few days ago. Crowd make you nervous?"

The Slytherins continued to cackle like wild animals and it made me want to put a silencio spell on every single one of them. I also just loved how the Slytherins automatically took Malfoy's side in everything without a second thought.

I started to push to the front and hid behind a random person so I would not be seen.

The tension between them both was unreal. Malfoy stood in the most confident way possible, his pride clearly showing. Harry stood a few feet away from Malfoy, looking irritated and tired.

"This is ridiculous. Just because you got rejected does not mean you have to fight against me," said Harry.

I agreed Malfoy was being immature but since when does he ever act on maturity?

Malfoy fumed with rage only because he knew what Harry was saying was true. Still, he let his pride get in the way of what was right.

"Fine. Just stay away from me. Oh, and while you are at it, tell Holly to keep away as well. That pathetic little-."

Harry started stomping towards Malfoy ready to beat the loving day lights out of him and it took both Fred and George to hold him back. I knew was only saying that to get a kick out of Harry, but it still infuriated me. Who does he think he is?

Malfoy could do nothing but laugh at Harry as he struggled to get to him.

"Holly is a prick. Don't you think so too, Potter?"

I officially could not take it anymore. I stepped out into the middle of the verbal fight without warning, causing Malfoy's eyes to go wide and erupting gasps from the surrounding audience. I knew I had created a bigger scene than I had intended too. I felt several eyes attached to me. Everyone knew something was about to go down and didn't want to miss any of it.

"And you're not a prick?" I spat at Malfoy.

Malfoy regained his posture and prideful outlook as he glared at me.

"Fighting Harry and spreading rumors is not going to make yourself feel any better." I added.

Gosh I really wanted to talk about this on private and not in front of the entire school. I was so angry that I was literally shaking.

"I don't need to make myself feel better. In fact, I know I'm better. Just wanted to let everyone know that a pure blood is associating herself with a half blood," said Malfoy, really putting an emphasis on the words pure blood and half blood.

"So? If all you are concerned about is our blood status than you need to grow up."

Yet I knew that was not the real reason he was angry at me for dating Harry.

I can understand hurting from rejection but at this point he is just hurting himself. He is taking it a bit too far.

"I'm just saying," he said, a smirk playing at his lips, "Just think what mum and dad would say."

Just that one sentence was enough to set me off. He has officially crossed the line by mentioning my parents. I stomped up to the boastful blond and completely wiped that smirk off his face. I punched straight in his pretty little face, causing louder gasps and whispers from the mob of kids. However, I ignored them and when Malfoy lifted his head and removed his hands from his face, I saw that his nose was bleeding a little.

What have I done?

Immediately my expression changed and I regretted my actions. I let my anger control me and I physically hurt him. I never intended to do such a thing, yet I did it without hesitation.

I hated myself for what I did.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, though I knew it would not change anything.

Malfoy did not react nor say anything. Instead, he simply turned around and left without a rude comment or sarcastic remark. I just stood awkwardly and watched him and the rest of the Slytherins march away, feeling weak and ill.

Shortly after Malfoy turned the corner, cheers came from everyone around me.

"Wow I can't believe you did that!"

"That will definitely teach him a lesson!"

"That was bloody brilliant! The way he just stormed away was hilarious!"

Though I was praised by the people around me, it still did not make me feel any better about the situation. Everything was just a big mess. If I would have just told Malfoy sooner and not so sudden maybe-

"Hey don't feel bad. He deserved to be punched and you know it. How about we go somewhere quiet?" said Harry, sensing something was wrong.

I loved how Harry didn't have to ask if I was okay because he already knew when I was sad. It was as if he could read my mind. So we went away from the corridor along with Hermione, Ron, Fred, and George.