Chapter 30

Flashback: December of 1993 (Holly's 3rd year)

"Hey Draco!" I called out, with one hand remaining behind my back.

"What? HEY!"

Behind my back, I had been holding a large snow ball. I aimed it directly at Draco and it hit him square in the back of the head. I cackled mischievously as Draco immediately began forming two snow balls with his gloved hands. I playfully scurried away as I heard the snow crunch beneath his boots as he trudged closer to me. I then turned around and attempted to block any incoming snow balls with my gloved yet ice-cold hands as I ran backwards. However, I unexpectedly tripped over a hidden tree branch buried in icy snowflakes and plumped backwards into a bundle of white, frigid snow. Draco peered at me from above as I lay in the snow half flabbergasted and half surprised. Shortly after, I began to laugh humorously at my clumsy folly. Draco held out his hand to help me up, but not before he threw his two snow balls at me right in my chest. I might have accidentally ate some of the snow after he did that, which was not all that delicious.

"It was only one snow ball," I remarked.

Draco then helped me to my feet. With one arm, he pulled me up and close to him. One I stood quite near Draco, I involuntarily took in his scent of expensive cologne and mint.

"I just can't help myself," he grinned as he let go of my hand and took a step back.

"Also," he added, "You've got a little snow on you."

The entire back of my body was drenched in snow.

"A little? It's everywhere!" I complained as I pulled my toboggan down tighter around my ears and fully zipped my puffy, winter coat.

"Then maybe you will think twice before throwing a snowball at my head," commented Draco with a proud smile.

"You're insane," I let him know grudgingly.

"But you're okay, right?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied with a relieved sigh.

Far off into the distance, Draco and I saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking towards, I assumed, Hagrid's hut. Harry was too deep in his conversation with Hermione and Ron to notice where I stood. I gazed at him as he passed by, beaming at the sight of him. Harry was the only reason I looked forward to certain classes because I loved being around him so much. Oddly enough, some days when I am not with him, similar to now, I long for him. I also have not grown accustomed to the strange, fluttery sensation I feel in the pit of my stomach when I glance at Harry, and I am not quite sure whether I should be concerned or not.

"What do you think of Harry?" I questioned Draco out-of-the-blue.

Draco glanced at me as if that was such a crazy thing to ask.

"I think he is a bloody moron," he emphasized rather harshly.

"You say that about several people," I answered.

"Well, what do you think of him?" inquired Draco.

Trying to answer truthfully would have required a much longer time span in order to fully explain what I thought of Harry. What I mean is that he is gentle, compassionate, thoughtful, caring, sweet, brilliant, wonderful–I could go on and on. Though, saying such a complex answer probably would not have pleased Draco, considering he despises Harry. However, he knows me and Harry are friends. I had let him know on the first day of school, and, for the most part, he does not seem to care. Either that or he just has not made any effort to make me distance myself from Harry.

"He's nice I guess," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Nice?"

Harry then disappeared into the horizon, no longer visible from my standing position.