Chapter 8

There were shrieks and shouts. The moment seemed like a blur; it all happened in a flash. What did I ever do? What have I ever known? I could not escape it and I doubt anyone could, yet I still had my sanity unlike the rest of them. At least I tried to convince myself otherwise. Everything I had ever known had been questioned. Were they always like this? Then again none of it seemed real. The sound of the horrid screams still remained in my mind. It haunted me day and night. My worst nightmare became my reality. It felt like the world had turned its back on me. The pain, the ear-splitting screeches, the terror- I never recovered from that night and neither did everyone else.

They're all mental.

———————————————————————-

"Come on, Holly! Pick up the pace!"

"Pansy, exactly where are you taking me?"

"This way! I need to show you something," Pansy bellowed, grabbing my arm and forcing me to follow her.

We pushed through several groups and crowds of students passing by until Pansy finally stopped in an almost deserted corridor.

"Pansy what-"

"Here!"

But there was nothing there. The only thing that stood in front of me was an oak door.

"There's absolutely nothing here," I said.

She sighed as if frustrated. "See this door right here?"

"Yeah... what about it?"

There was nothing special about the door and although it was Hogwarts, I doubt it led to anywhere magical. I had no desire to see whatever laid behind the average wooden door.
Besides, I had much better things to be doing. It honestly looked like a regular door to me. Nothing out of the ordinary was to be seen.

"Well get this! Yesterday I came by this very same door when I had just lost my potions textbook. Somehow I got lost and entered this room. When I entered, the place was full of spare textbooks."

"You brought me over here to show me an old storage cupboard?"

"I'm not finished!" exclaimed Pansy, " But when I came by here today, it was no longer a storage room but a loo! I might have needed to go at the time."

So... what are you saying?"

"I'm saying this room gives you what you need. So do you need anything?"

"Therapy," I answered, " Let's see what's behind here today."

But when I opened the door, there was nothing but a solid stone wall. I stared at Pansy.

"I don't understand," she said, "It was right here! Do you need anything besides therapy?"

"Not at the moment, but I doubt that's why it is not working. Maybe you were in two different corridors at the time. Or perhaps you're just delusional."

"I am far from delusional! I am almost positive it was here. I remember specifically-"

"Ah! See. Almost positive," I said with the raise of my eyebrows.

Even when I tried to walk away, Pansy still continued to insist that what she witnessed was true.

"Just ask Dumbledore!" I shouted.

"Dumbledore doesn't know anything!" she protested.

"It's his school! I would think he knows a thing or two about his own school."

She still would not not trying to convince me of this magical room she supposedly found. Finally, I got so aggravated that I made her leave. It is not that I do not believe in magic, I just do not believe Pansy.