Demon-faced tsundere (1)

I glanced down at Arthur as I pressed a tissue to my lip to try and stop the bleeding.

"W-why did you do that for?" He squinted up at me through his hair. His face was mostly hidden behind his arms as he sat cradling his knees.

"..." I stared at him blankly knowing I couldn't excuse my behaviour as an accident this time.

Mission ending in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Suddenly I was drenched in cold sweat as I could feel something being pulled out of my body. The feeling of my very soul being yanked out and being transported out to the dark space from before left me shuddering in pain.

"W-what was that?" I gasped out, hunched over on the floor with tears splashing on the ground.

"Your first mission is finished." His exclamation was followed by confetti cannons and applause.

"Wasn't I just in the middle of a conversation, how is that finished?" I questioned after taking a few minutes to regain my composure.

"Well, it wasn't done well but it was done. Now, I'll read out the stats if you'd shut up for a second."

Total tokens: 270

Total missions completed: 0

Total missions somewhat completed: 1

SML affection level: 50%

Mission reward: Dexterity upgraded, you are now able to hold a plate of spaghetti without dropping it.

End of mission summary.

"W-what the hell kind of mission reward? I was able to do that before! It was just an accident. And what the hell do you mean 'mission somewhat completed', isn't this too relaxed? And 50%? That's not even a B grade, my first exam and this is what I received?" I slammed my fist against the ground in anguish.

50%?

50%, after suffering for so long and I still don't have enough tokens for KKDNA...

"Yeah, well I mean affection isn't easy to gather even if your target was an easy one. Anyways this first one was just a tutorial, so it doesn't matter. Honestly, even the next ones don't matter that much but yeah if you keep getting low levels like 50 we'll have to boot you out."

"You just said it didn't matter." I glared in the direction of his voice through the curtain of hair that was covering my face.

"Yeah, but we've got a quota to meet and if I don't reach it I'll get punished. So, before that can happen I'll replace you, teehee." The system giggled cutely as I dug my nails into the ground.

"You're scum... I thought we became friends after all we've been through together." I clenched my teeth in annoyance whilst I stood up lethargically from the ground.

"Don't get me wrong I like you and all but this is just a business relationship." The system coldly brushed me of and I wished I could see the bum so I could at least punch his real body once.

"You sociopath." I muttered, kicking at the ground to try and ignore the uncomfortable itch in my chest.

"Anyways, you're onto the next mission." Before I could ask any other questions I was grabbed by my head and my face was smashed into the ground. Although the feeling of pain wasn't present the racing heart signifying my fear was.

Can't we just have a nice transportation? Like for example a pegasus flying gently down to Earth letting me off at my destination.

No.