</3 Kidnapped by sensei </3(17)

What the hell have you been doing this entire time? The boss roared, causing me to flinch.

B-b-boss, I didn't do anything.

Heuk. I stifled a sob, eliciting a sigh from the boss.

I'm not angry at you Charlie. His clarification was followed by a loud and clear 'smack'.

Ow! The system howled in pain. I didn't do anything wrong boss, why are you hitting me~? The system whined.

The host responsible for helping the SML has just killed someone! I flinched at the word 'killed'. You're supposed to be helping the SML but what have you been doing? His obsession and lack of empathy is the complete opposite of a healthy character. His psyche is completely f***ed, he's a complete nut job. What do you mean you haven't done anything wrong? He roared before all communication was cut off.

"Charlie?" Hal's face filled my vision and I instantly pulled back.

"H-Hal, what's wrong?" I asked, slowly blinking at my now bandaged hands.

"No, nothing you didn't look too good. Does it still hurt? Do you need more painkillers?" He asked in a gentle tone. I shook my head before resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

I opened my eyes with a gasp, slightly dazed. I glanced around at our new hide-out, cringing at the decor. Again, he seemed to think teddy bears and fairy lights were something I was into? Which, just to clarify, I am not.

The police have found the new hideout. The system alerted.

Thank God! I exclaimed, this team was a little better prepared for dealing with Hal than the last one. I glanced at the man in the corner of the room who eagerly prepared tea for us and felt slightly guilty.

Can't we help him not be crazy anymore? I asked, feeling that the mentally unstable Hal before us now was probably in part due to our actions as well as his predisposition to being totally insane.

Nope, far too late. I mean you could probably tell him to stop killing people and he'd listen but he'd still be pretty much insane.

... I-

We-

Are we f***ing dumb? We exclaimed in unison. All these years of people being killed and we had yet to simply ask him to stop. He'd probably listen to me if I asked him to!

"Hal... I want you to promise me something." I immediately jumped at the chance to stop anymore bloodshed.

"Hmm?" He hummed as he turned his attention towards me. I ran up to him holding his hands tightly.

"You have to promise me you won't kill anyone again, okay?" I stared at him with a tilt of my head.

"But what if they're evil?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"You can't kill anyone, okay? No matter what. If they're evil just let the police deal with it." I shook his hand and urged him to promise me.

"But the police are not good people." He narrowed his eyes at me. "They wanted to take you away from me." He pouted as his eyes flashed dangerously.

"Hal." I said sternly, waiting for his promise. "If you don't promise me I won't talk to you ever again." I pulled my hands away angrily, or at least attempted to. Hal tightly gripped my hands, reluctant to let go.