Ditzy Pup Type SML (2)

"Who's this?" The heroine asked Arthur while sending a confused look in my direction.

"A nice lady." He replied with a forced smile as he glanced over at the male lead.

"No silly, I meant what's her name." She giggled while explaining it to him.

Arthur's head swivelled in my direction with a surprised face when he realised I haven't told him my name. My jaw was also dropped in surprise when I realised I didn't introduce myself but offered to go on a date with someone...

"M-my name is..." I was screaming at my system to ask whether I could use my real name or not and he said I could. "Charlie." I answered with a reddened face still recovering from the embarrassment of asking someone out and not even introducing myself.

"It's nice to meet you Charlie, my name's Olivia and this is Mason." The heroine stuck her hand out and I awkwardly shook it while nodding my head at Mason.

"Nice to meet you too." I mumbled shyly while looking around the cafe we were currently sat in.

It was a hipster-esque cafe with an old style coffee pot and bean bags as chairs on some tables and up-cycled chairs on others. There was even a small bookshelf in the corner with a play mat beside it for kids and adults.

Wow how can the heroine be so attractive? Is that even allowed? Look at those big doe eyes and glossy golden waist-length hair. I want to sniff it, she probably smells so nice.

Stop being a pervert and stick to the mission. The system demanded in a slightly disgusted tone and I could almost feel it shuddering at my thoughts.

Bonus mission: cheer up the SML, 35 tokens. The system suddenly screamed causing me to jump in my seat.

Why are all these tasks so vague and why are you screaming?! How the hell would I know how to cheer him up? I screamed internally after getting over the initial shock but was met with an onslaught of snores.

A glance at the SML showed his abandoned kitten like form as he watched Mason and Olivia flirt.

"Do you want to order?" I whispered to him while pushing the menu over.

"No." He shook his head with his eyes never leaving the two.

I need that season finale Arthur, I'm not here to watch you cry over what could have been.

How do people in dramas usually act in these kinds of situations again?

Using the only knowledge I had, I grasped his chin tearing his gaze away from the pairs excessive PDA forcing him to face me.

I could feel myself blushing from embarrassment but steeled myself to go on.

"Arthur, would you like to order some food now?" I asked while staring him down and sending a glare at the two across from us in my mind. They both know this guy has a crush on the heroine so why are they not showing any courtesy? "I heard the choco ice was good here." Or at least that's what the system is saying while 'sleep talking'.

"Choco ice?" His eyes widened and the gloomy look was soon replaced by childish joy. "That's my favourite, how did you know?" He looked at me with wonder much like a child would when seeing that coin behind the ear trick for the first time.

"Just a guess." I mumbled while withdrawing my hand and looking at the menu for something to eat.

"Come on, we only met today but you already knew my name and favourite food."

"You only met her today? And she knows things about you despite it being your first meeting? Arthur you should be more careful she could be a bad person." The heroine suddenly interrupted the conversation while looking at me suspiciously.

Excuse me, I'm not a bad person, you are. Look at how you broke this idiots heart but still have the gall to rub it in his face by inviting him to third wheel.

I furrowed my eyebrows getting ready to reassure him that I was not a bad person but to my surprise he had already begun to defend me.

"She's not a bad person, she even helped me up after I fell. And she didn't ask for any money or anything." He answered, worryingly.

How many times have you fallen and been helped up only to be asked for money after? What the hell kind of event is that?

"Okay, just be careful." Olivia once again looked over at me but this time sent a warning glare.

It's kind of hurtful being treated like a scammer...

"What are you going to order?" Arthur turned to me opening the menu for me to read.

"This strawberry lemonade thing?" I tilted my head trying to figure out if it would be a good choice, I do like sour things.

"Okay, what about you guys?" He asked before calling over a waiter to order everything.

"How old are you?" The heroine asked as she stared at me trying to gather some information to deduce whether I was evil or not.

The drinks had arrived with the heroine ordering a latte, the hero ordering an espresso and Arthur's lone choco ice lay on the tray. My drink was by far the best looking out of all of the purchases, hehe.

The iced lemonade gradated from a deep red at the bottom to a bright yellow nearing the top. Although it was pleasing to the eye I saw the waiter struggling with this drink meaning he didn't often make it... I hope it doesn't taste bad.

"18." I answered taking a sip of my lemonade and being pleasantly surprised and my tense expression was quickly replaced by a lazy smile. I had low expectations from this cafe but this drink is pretty good.

"What university are you going to?" At this point I feel like the heroine is dead set on interrogating me.

Excuse me, are you assuming that I am smart enough for university?

"That one over there." I answered with a roll of my eyes.

"Your drink looks good." The SML had already finished his choco ice and was now after my drink. I pulled it closer to my chest while covering it with my hand.

"It is good." I sipped faster, worried he might take it from me. "Order your own." I glanced at the counter and then back at him.

"Let me taste it first and then I'll order my own if it's good." His eyes had locked onto the drink, hidden behind my hands, with a covetous glance.

"Hah, I already finished it." My grin soon turned into a grimace as my rash actions brought on a brain freeze . Pressing my thumb onto the roof of my mouth I attempted to soothe the pain.

"Why are you sucking on your thumb like a baby? Hahah, you should've just shared your drink." The SML was besides himself with laughter finding pleasure at my pain after I refused to share my drink with him.

Excuse me, you can't call me a baby when you literally lay on the ground in tears because you fell over.

"I'm not being a baby it's supposed to stop the brain freeze." I glared at him after removing my thumb as the pain began ebbing away.

"What a liar." He laughed even louder thinking I was obviously lying.

"I'm not lying, right Olivia that's how you get rid of a brain freeze right?" I looked over at her for help but she just shrugged apologetically.

Well, now I look like an idiot.

Bonus mission complete: 35 tokens added, total tokens: 65 tokens.

A/N: I can already imagine the pettiness in this relationship.