Ditzy Pup Type SML(9)

"Do you think Olivia would mind letting me stay with her for a while?" My voice pierced through the awkwardly silent atmosphere.

It was the day that followed our trip to the beach and the atmosphere was frigid. I wasn't a naturally chatty person and he was being strangely quiet today. We had spent the whole day in silence and I had a feeling that it might have been because of that back hug.

The cup of water he had been drinking by the sink dramatically clanged against the metal basin.

Thank god he was drinking from a steel cup or I feel like the system would've used broken glass as an opportunity to make me do something stupid. Like sucking the blood from a cut on his finger, for example.

Pfft, haha I would never make you do something so cliche. The system's worried voice sounded out, and it was from that tone of voice I could tell that my understanding of this guys train of thought was perfect.

"Did... I do something wrong?" A meek voice sounded out as SML turned to face me with teary eyes and a trembling bottom lip.

"No, it was my own fault... I think it would be better if I stayed over with Olivia, if she'll let me that is." The level of sexual harassment I had put this little guy through had obviously effected him, judging by his level of awkwardness today.

There was few minutes of silence, an awful cringe-inducing silence. Until finally Arthur spoke up.

"Okay, I'll ask her." He rinsed his cup before exiting the room, presumably to call Olivia.

No, you can't let him call Olivia. Stop that guy! The system yelled out as if re-enacting an old-time crime drama. Of course, his loud voice had been tuned out by me in advance.

I've learned to ignore anything he says that doesn't start with bonus mission.

"What, you're not going to turn it into a bonus mission?" I furrowed my eyebrows confused at his suddenly out of character behaviour. Okay, maybe I didn't ignore him.

I already reached the limit for assigning non-mission elements to make fun of the host for this week. The system's mournful voice sounded out and he had lost his earlier vigour.

"Hahah, does that mean no more bonus missions?" I burst out laughing, feeling great after getting to hear the system's helplessness.

He replied with a reluctant and pathetic 'yeah'.

"Hah. I hope you suffer more, you bastard." He wouldn't be able to derail me with anymore embarrassing missions, at least for the next 3 days.

...Wait, did he say he only set them to make fun of me?

"W-what did I do?" Arthur stood there shocked after hearing me curse him out.

"Oh I wasn't talking to you, haha." I laughed awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably. I couldn't really explain who I had been cussing out, unless, of course, I wanted to look like a crazy psychopath.

"Ah... Olivia said she can't let you sleep over~" Arthur's tone was a little pitchy and he seemed somewhat happy as he said this.

I clenched my fist in annoyance feeling an overwhelming urge to beat the system who was now whooping in joy.

"O-oh really, that's too bad." My eye twitched as I imagined the countless scenarios I would be forced to endure after these three days of freedom were up. "Do you have any other friends that wouldn't mind?" I asked while wrapping my arms around myself.

"... Did I do something?" He approached me wide-eyed with a look of guilt.

"No, uhm it's not right for two unrelated adults to live in a house together." I wasn't worried about Arthur doing anything, actually the problem is that bastard who was booing me in my head.