Demon-faced tsundere (6)

I glanced down at the text, cursing the SML to a long life of unhappiness, when my phone's screen suddenly glitched. The previous rejection message had been replaced by an acceptance message.

Oi, what did you do? I questioned the system, almost thuggishly.

You're always calling me useless, but actually, I have a few tricks up my sleeve too. He sounded smug as he obnoxiously began to laugh.

Oh, wow good job system. You actually did something for once... But then why did I even need to go to the job interview? I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, recalling the embarrassment that I had farmed from that interview.

Host... Are you actually a very low IQ person? The whole point of your existence is to save the SML. Do you not see what your purpose is? How can you possibly save that prick without meeting? He ranted passionately.

Woah, system this might be the second time I'm agreeing with you. But also it is the age of the internet, I'm pretty sure we can get around the meeting each other in person part. I responded unenthusiastically.

"Mama." Chen toddled over with his hands stretched out. He was entertaining himself with his bouncy ball but suddenly abandoned it.

Okay, shut up system! Shut up, there's something important happening now. I squinted happily pulling the little boy into my lap and his chubby arms wrapped around my neck as he snuggled into my arms.

"Shleepy." He blinked up at me tiredly.

Dokun!

"Eeh." I squealed, hugging him even tighter.

Host... I thought, I thought we were buddies... Why are you so nice to him and so mean to me? Even though you've known me longer. The system sobbed loudly, repeatedly smacking his hand against the desk.

I carried Chen to his room watching as his head lolled forward, jolting him awake. He looked around bewilderedly and then squinted his eyes as he began falling asleep again.

------

Why are you taking him to your job? The system screamed at me as we walked to work the next day.

He said at the interview I could bring Chen, so even if he's lying I don't care. I replied with a roll of my eyes. And look, I even dressed him up all smart and proper. I looked to Chen wearing a suit and tie and shook excitedly. Look, how, cute, he, is. I bragged to the system while petting Chen gently.

Him wearing a suit doesn't mean anything. Do you even think about things before you do stuff? In what world would they let you come to work with a kid? Especially when you're working at the front desk meeting all the customers! Do you have any idea how unprofessional that would look? I winced as I listened to the shrieky system kicking up a fuss.

You're so loud! I yelled back twice as loud, instantly silencing the system.

Y-you didn't have to yell at me. His passionate tone from earlier had been replaced by a much welcomed softer voice. You don't even respect me as the system, do you? His mutter was followed by the sound of a spray bottle, which left me feeling so very confused.

What the hell are you doing now? I asked furrowing my brows and squinting with uncertainty.

Well, someone spat all over my polished mahogany desk, and it doesn't look like she'll be cleaning it up anytime soon. The system childishly muttered under his breath, airing out his grievances. Even though I tried so hard to help her, and even gave her a second chance at life, this is the thanks I get. Well, I mean that's how children are, aren't they? Just look at how ungrateful they are to their parents, why would I get any thanks? After all, I'm just a stupid little robot. His words were followed by a dull banging sound.

No, don't mind me I'm just bashing my brains out on to the table...

What's the point of being a genius, when all I get is sh** from someone who won't even do her missions? His voice was thick with emotions, sounding like he would cry any minute.

That's quite the guilt trip you're trying to take me for. Unfortunately for you, I haven't forgotten you threatening me with death at every corner or the embarrassment you force me to go through with these god damn SMLs. And thirdly, how could I spit on your desk if I'm just thinking my words? I replied, completely unmoved by his little pity party. Any sympathy I had for you disappeared long before we even entered the first SML's world. I yawned as Chen and I entered the building.

Tch. The system clicked his teeth, annoyed that his dramatic monologue didn't move the audience at all. Be honest, I almost got you right? The earlier tone of doom and gloom had been replaced with excitement, as the system tried to get a review of his acting skills.

Nope. I rolled my eyes, making my way to the receptionist counter seeing that the nice receptionist from last time was nowhere to be seen . Instead of the usual black bob there was a blonde-haired girl standing behind the desk, currently with her back facing us.

I bet you that's the heroine. I could just feel it in my bones, that slight glow in the area surrounding her, the way the guys and girls would throw glances at her as they passed by, that waist...

Pervert! Stop that, your target is the man besides her. The system interrupted to alert me to the presence of the SML.

I wasn't being a pervert, I was just admiring feminine beauty. I clarified to the system.

A/N: technically it's still Friday in england even if there's only half an hour to go 😁😁. I'm sorry I was getting excited writing the next guy cause hes yandere and bruh I love that shit. My sister's tryna expose it infront of my dad that I like yandere's HAVE YOU NO SHAME LADY, how you gonna out me like that freaking rood