Ditzy Pup Type SML (1)

Host, the second lead is there on the floor, he's tripped over his untied shoelaces. I scanned the surrounding before my eyes honed in on the pathetic looking brown haired man. Currently lying faced down on the floor, his whole body shaking.

"Excuse me..." I repeated myself again and again and even shook his shoulder but to no avail he still lay there sobbing into the ground. "Excuse me, sir. Second male lead?" I tried to gather his attention but realised the system had yet to give me any details on this man.

Stupid system you haven't told me his name, or anything for that matter! I screamed at the idiot AI internally while staying frozen looking down on the second male lead.

His name is Arthur McKellan, 24 he was childhood friends with the heroine who always looked after him. He's an air headed clutz by nature he realised he loved the heroine on arrival of the male lead.
Too bad he was abandoned by the heroine. Today he wanted to go check up on her one last time, and seeing her happy with the male lead his heart break was solidified so he decided to go to-

I interrupted the system internally not wanting to hear the rest of it. This kind of idiot who would throw away his life for his first love is both pitiful and hateful at the same time.

"Excuse me Arthur." I said quite loudly and he immediately looked up at me with his snot covered face and tear streaked cheeks. "Did it hurt when you fell?" This phrase sounds awfully similar to a pick up line... surely he wouldn't think I'm hitting on him.

"It hurts a lot." He cried while sitting up and staring at me with teary eyes and a reddened face.

It can't hurt that much, you're a grown man for gods sake.

Host: bonus mission comfort the second male lead and get 30 tokens.

The system whispered in my mind causing me to suppress an eye roll and try to figure out how to comfort this big baby.

"You're a big boy now you shouldn't cry over something like this." I muttered finding my own cheeks reddening in embarrassment at my treatment towards this adult man. I reached forward to wipe his tears away with my handkerchief causing his eyes to widen even more.

"How did you know my name?" He finally asked after we maintained eye contact for a prolonged period of time.

Bonus mission successful: 30 tokens acquired. The system chimed in before warning me not to tell the man about him.

Wow, that was easy. What the hell?

"It's a secret." I smiled while putting my finger to my lips in a shushing motion. I'll just treat this man-child as a child, it'll probably be easier to deal with him.

"Ahem." The man-child coughed while standing up and dusting his pants. "You shouldn't treat me like a child." He glanced up at me momentarily before looking back down at his messy clothes.

Second male lead hates being treated like a child, the heroine treated him the same way. The system explained one step too late.

Tch, useless system. Why didn't you tell me that before?

Anyways, what am I even supposed to do next? I asked him while looking at the man who was getting ready to leave and meet the heroine.

Prevent him from meeting the heroine however you want, I'm taking a nap now. The system logged off leaving me alone no matter how much I screamed at him internally.

"Okay, okay I won't treat you like a child. Is it okay if I treat you like an adult?" I asked him completely forgetting the fact that I was younger than this guy by a few years, but my mental maturity was probably decades older.

"Yes." He hummed biting back a smile after being acknowledged as an adult.

"Let's go on a date." I proposed while trying to read his expression. It was one of shock which he took a few moments to erase.

"Huh?" He asked while tilting his head to the side.

"You wanted to be treated as an adult, let's go on an adult date. Maybe to a nice restaurant? Or an amusement park?" I suggested while trying to keep a smile on my face.

I had never asked a guy out before, coupled with the fact that I had no idea how ugly I currently looked made it hard to suppress my anxiety.

But I must watch that finale so I don't care how shameless I have to be! I've amassed over 100 hours of watch time on that drama, I can't let that go to waste. I need to know if the main leads get together at the end or if the second lead went through heartbreak for nothing.

"I have to go meet someone else right now." He quickly rejected the idea while waving bye at me and going off towards his destruction.

I found a bench nearby and sat down thinking I had done all I could and there was no need to try any harder.

You didn't even do anything... I ignored the annoying, ugly, stupid voice in my head and continued moping. I hate this host. He cried more and more loudly, obviously taking offence to the swears I was directing towards him.

I ignored him as the embarrassment of being rejected was causing me to cringe and adding to it that I would never get to know the ending- I could barely hold my tears back.

This display was seen by the second male lead who kept turning back as he hurried on his way to the heroine. Seeming to cause a misunderstanding that worked in my favour.

It seems that Arthur McKellan is very sensitive to a woman's tears. Upon seeing the pitiful me holding back tears on a bench by the roadside he stopped and then hesitantly approached me.

"Sorry, I really can't go with you on a date but would you like to come meet my friend?" He approached me carefully acting as if one wrong step would cause me to start bawling my eyes out.

Isn't that a date? A double date?

I stared at him confused as to why he decided to suddenly come back and just when I was about to reject him the system came back to life and told me to go with him.

I thought the mission was keep him away from the heroine? I was even more confused about why the system suddenly approved of this change in plans and was met with a snore instead. This f*****, wake up before I kill you. My empty threats were met with louder snores, annoying me to no end.

"If that's okay with you." I answered, sniffling as I looked up at him with a grin.

A/N: host is gonna be researching ways to kill the idiot that is the system pretty soon lol