Demon-faced tsundere (13)

I watched as Chen and Lily (the heroine's kid) walked towards a rollercoaster that dropped into a glowing pit. The members of the public exiting the ride were filled with sobs and I even saw a man screaming as he ran away with a tear-streaked face.

I did try to stop the two from going but they were adamant about riding the biggest kid's attraction in the park.

...Kid's attraction.

It doesn't seem like it.

Even though I was reluctant to part, I had to sigh in relief at the fact that I wasn't the one going on that thing.

So it's just you and me now. The system whistled awkwardly.

No, he's here too. I glanced at the ashen-faced Lyle who was pathetically slumped against the cafe table.

I mean he barely counts as a living person. The system snickered as he revelled in the pain of the SML.

Hehe, right? I giggled along happily, finding just as much entertainment in his suffering as the system did.

Suddenly the SML revived and sat straight up, sending a glare my way.

Eep! H-h-he can't hear us right? I felt the blood drain from my face after receiving that authentic demon stare.

... The system went offline, like the wuss he was, after feeling the full impact of the villainous SML.

"H-how are you feeling, sir?" I stammered out while pushing a glass of ice-cold water towards him. In the hope, that with this offering he would show mercy and not disembowel my dismembered corpse.

"Peachy." He squinted his eyes as he shot me a smile that looked more like a grimace.

"That's good to hear." I hesitantly sipped my water, rolling my eyes around the amusement park.

"Oh look, look. Chen's at the top, he looks like he's having so much fun." I stood up abruptly, gripping onto the table and leaning forward.

"How can you even see that?" The SML looked unconvinced of my ability to see Chen from any distance.

"Of course I can see him! I'm a mother, it's one of those things you'll never understand." I brushed him off, squinting as I watched Chen lift his hands up and scream in sheer joy.

"Being a mother doesn't make you have super-vision... What does that sign say?" He pointed to a sign in the distance, testing my ability.

I glanced at it and then looked back at the SML. "I don't know, that's not Chen." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You can't even see that far, how can you see him on the ride then?" He raised a brow and smirked, as if he had caught me out.

I scrunched up my face in annoyance. "Look, he's coming out now!" I pointed towards Chen waddling over, to show him I actually could see him.

"That could be any kid." He said while shrugging.

"Urgh." Of course to your untrained eyes it would look like any kid. But it's not, it's my super, super, super cute kid.

"Mama!" Chen screamed as he ran over. "It was so much fun! The things went up and then my ears went whoosh and then we went down and it went doof doof doof." He was panting as he cupped his ears in wonder, his face still red with excitement.

"Wow, really? You weren't even scared, not even a little?" I crouched down beside him, feeling the smile on my face widen as he shook his head fervently.

"No, it wasn't scary. Mama come too, it was so fun." He began dragging me towards the entrance and my smile dropped quick.

"N-no Chen, Lily and you can go. I want to rest." I forced a smile and dragging my heels to stop him from taking me to that hell.

"No, I want to go with mama." He stood resolute. "It was so fun, you too." And as much as I was touched at Chen trying to share the fun, I was still unwilling to go.

"Your mum is scared of the rides, so she can't go with you." The idiot SML butted in, ruining all my hard work thus far.

He wasn't supposed to know!

"What?" Chen looked at me wide-eyed in disbelief.

"N-no, wait, wait. I'll go, I'm not scared." I sobbed while sending a glare at Lyle. And if we weren't at a kid's park I would've sent him some choice gestures too.

He snickered as he watched me being dragged to my death.

System, please dissociate me from my body till the ride ends. I begged him, the first ride looked so mellow compared to this one. I will pee my pants if you don't do it. And then the SML will always stay away because he doesn't want to be paired with the pee-pee pants woman.

Nasty. The system spoke with disgust. I can do it but it's gonna cost you. He spoke in a tone that perfectly matched his sleazy grease ball self.

You're a snake, I don't even have any tokens left man. I sobbed both internally and externally as the system threatened to take away my tokens and the queue shrank.

You've got 157.5 tokens remaining, it'll only cost 100. He chuckled maniacally, obviously enjoying my suffering.

You know, I thought we had a moment there when we enjoyed the SML's suffering together... But now I know, you're just a piece of s***. His betrayal wasn't unexpected, but it still hurt!

Want it? He completely ignored my monologue and continued to try to suck the points out of me.

... Yes. I responded meekly as we were being strapped into the ride.

Good choice! 57 tokens remaining.

Wait, where's the half? I yelled as the ride began and I had yet to dissociate.

Hehe, it's delivery charges. He giggled as he watched me scream on the rollercoaster.

Why am I not dissociating? I screamed in fear as the car dropped straight down.

It'll take 3 minutes to activate. The system held back laughter as he watched the spectacle.

"You fu**er!" I screamed out loud as the second drop began.

After the ride had ended and my spirit had left my body, I wearily followed Chen back to the SML. As the system had promised I had dissociated, but only after the ride ended and when we reached the next one I was suddenly brought back to reality.

Ah, you b******! At least let it last till the end of this ride. I bit back a sob as I forced a smile towards an excited Chen.

A/N:
RamADAN MUBARAK I hope you're enjoying the fasts!!!! Sorry for the late update I literally got swamped in work and will be for like the next month,

Also people keep adding this book to BL/Yaoi reading lists.... why? I had to double check my tags coz I don't understand 😭😭😭 it's not yaoi