</3Kidnapped by sensei </3 (10)

After murdering his parents Hal took me to the bathroom, handing me a pair of clean clothes before leaving.

Kuh, there's blood everywhere. I felt bile rise up in my throat while slowly undressing.

Well, your buddy did just kill a man in quite close proximity to you. The system chimed in unhelpfully.

... I was so sick of listening to this idiot.

Urgh, do you come with a mute function or something? I had had enough of this system's useless comments.

... Host you're so rude. Well, I'll shut up but don't start begging me for help when you need it. Just remember that whatever problem you face it's all your own fault that you can't get my he- His voice was suddenly cut off and I jumped in excitement.

Thinking 'mute him' really worked!

"Hurry up." Hal's voice caused me to jump again, but in surprise this time.

"Okay, okay." I quickly but thoroughly scrubbed myself down until it felt like the blood that seeped into the depths of my skin was finally washed away.

Am I not a little bit too calm? I thought to myself as I dried my hair.

Ohohoh, I was wondering when you would finally pick up on that. It's a special feature that I, the system, came up with. I'm currently numbing all the emotions that rhyme with stare.

... And why couldn't you just say fear? I asked lifelessly as I exited the bathroom, bumping into Hal who was guarding the door.

He patted my head with a smile using his non-bloodied hand and then walked into the bathroom. Minutes later he exited, looking fresh.

"My parents went on a trip okay?" He pinched my chin, speaking in a bewitching tone.

"...Yeah." I nodded dazedly as I followed him out to my house.

"Are you back Ch- oh H-Hal what are you doing here?" My mother asked with a stiff smile.

Although she found him cute at first, more recently she was becoming more and more unnerved by him. And I think his gaze filled with obvious hatred for her might have been a contributing factor to her discomfort.

"My parents went on a trip and told me to stay with you." He answered innocently.

"Oh... why didn't they tell me about it?" She mumbled under her breath seemingly a little annoyed at the lack of manners displayed by Hal's parents.

"Mum..." I stood at the entrance to her room calling out to her.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" She placed the book she was reading on the bedside table and then came towards me.

"I'm scared, can I sleep with you?" I tugged on her sleeve with a pleading expression.

"Of course!" She responded gleefully. I had insisted on sleeping in another room when I hit four, much to her disappointment.

She giggled while hugging me in bed, looking very happy to have me relying on her.

"Should I tell you a story to help you sleep?" She asked with an excited glint in her eyes.

"No." I shook my head, ignoring the downcast expression on her face. After all, I'm not a little baby!

The next morning Hal's hatred-filled gaze towards my mother seemed more intense.

I went to pull out the chair by my mum but was pulled back by Hal. His hand tightened around my arm and an expression filled with grievances flashed over his face.

"... With me." He pulled the seat beside him out for me to sit on. I looked over to the cosy seat beside my mother with longing before reluctantly sitting besides Hal, in accordance to the system's mission.

"I tried something new today, tell me if you like it." My mum pushed a plate of French toast doused in golden syrup and garnished with a handful of berries towards me.

Ah, why does it look so good? I sobbed, wishing she would stop making deceivingly delicious looking desserts for breakfast instead of pouring me a bowl of cereal.

I bit back a grimace while nodding in approval.

"Yeah it tashtes de-" My compliments were quickly cut off by Hal's choking.

"Ack, blergh." He coughed out the forkful of French toast and turned to my mother wide-eyed. "Are you trying to poison me?" He asked with a suspicious look and I could almost see his fur standing up, if he had any that is.

"W-W-what do you mean?" My mother asked with a tear-filled gaze. "It's not that b-" She took a bite from my plate freezing mid-chew as the almost medicinal taste of the dish coated her tongue. "Eh? Eh?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"..." I glared at Hal in annoyance, all this time I suffered through the torment so her feelings wouldn't get hurt and this idiot, he ruined it.

"It tasted fine... I think if you leave out the powdered vitamin pill garnish it might taste better." I paused while trying my best to choose a word that wouldn't be too hurtful.

"But I wanted to boost your immune system so you would live a long healthy life."

"I'll make breakfast for Charlie instead." Hal stood up and walked towards the kitchen but paused mid-way. Then he came back to table, grabbed my arms and dragged me to the kitchen while sending a smug smile to my mum.

A/N: Double update cause I'm not busy yet but I'll probs be busy all month cause my deadlines approaching 🤟🏻🤟🏻