Demon-faced tsundere (11)

Hey, hey, hey, hey. I was standing in the bathroom pacing back and forth trying to annoy the system into answering my questions. He had decided to ghost me as soon as I asked him to give me more detail about the plot.

Hey, hey, hey. I pressed the button in my pocket that I had just bought in the system's store for like half of my riches. But it was worth it, especially when I thought about how I could use it to pester him.

The silver necklace had a small pink jewel placed delicately in the centre of some intricate metalwork. Anytime I pressed that jewel it would send a high-pitched screeching sound to the system, no matter where he was. Whether he was present in my head or when he disappeared into the unknown and ignored me.

Well, basically he couldn't ignore this screeching sound.

I'll kill you. The system grumbled, sounding like he just woke up.

I want to kill you too, so can you tell me the specifics of this damn world? I barely know what's going on! I groaned placing my hands on the sink and crouching down to the ground.

Isn't it boring to know everything? Where's the fun in knowing things, when you can just approach things with a sense of adventure? Doesn't the mystery spice up your time in this place? The system tried, and failed, to persuade me to move on from this topic.

Don't you think it's important to know what's going on with the storyline or the SML's thoughts about me so that we can fix the poor sod? I asked him, trying to get him to agree with me and tell me details.

Hmm... That is true, what do you want to know? He relented, sounding a little less reluctant to tell me stuff.

Just give me the damn run-down on important things. Like what's a popular event that kids aged Chen and up would like? Where can I go that would be interesting for Chen? What kind of places might Chen like eating at? I asked him while thinking of the excitement on Chen's face after I had promised to take him somewhere exciting.

That's got nothing to do with the SML! The system yelled in annoyance.

Well... I lied! I chuckled maniacally, but then realising I still had to rely on him to tell me what to do, I quietened down.

Please, please tell me what to do. Think about Chen's disappointed face when I come out and tell him we can't go anywhere because I don't know any good places. He hasn't even been any good place because of that bi***, please system. I begged while trying to guilt the system into agreeing.

Urgh. He muttered then pulled up some spots that kids would enjoy.

T-that amusement park... Do you really think Chen would enjoy that? I asked, while gulping audibly. It was the top rated site with lots of reviews from happy parents.

Yeah, kids love that stuff. And they've even got mascots there from Chen's favourite show. The system answered while pulling up pictures of the mascots.

E-even Bambuzle? I stammered as he pulled up the picture of Chen's hero at the park. A dog-human character who had an almost infinite supply of disguises and would infiltrate the villains hideouts, effectively recovering the evidence needed to jail them.

Yeah! The 'you've just been
... bamboozled' guy. The system excitedly quoted the show.

I nodded and slowly stood up, walking out of the bathroom to see Chen waiting in front of the door with a look of worry on his face.

"Mama!" He giggled excitedly upon seeing me exit the bathroom and latched onto my leg. "Why so long?" He asked tilting his head as he looked up at me.

"Oh... Chen... Would you like to meet Bambuzle?" I asked reluctantly.

He gasped and his eyes widened with excitement.

"You know Bambuzle?" He hopped excitedly from one foot to the other.

"Not really, but do you want to meet him?" I asked again and he nodded fervently.

"Yep, yep. Can I?" He asked, looking the most excited I've ever seen him since coming here.

"..." I nodded silently and then got the two of us ready.

In the taxi on the way there, Chen was squirming in his seat with excitement while squeezing my hand tightly.

"Will he like me?" Chen asked worriedly while checking his face in the car window. He searched his reflection thoroughly, so that not even a single hair was out of place.

"Of course, everyone likes Chen. Chen's so cute... right?" I suddenly turned to the taxi driver who nodded hesitantly and voiced his agreement. "See?" I said but heard no response. "Chen is cute, really really really cute." I reiterated forcing eye-contact with him.

"Mm." He nodded shyly hiding his face behind his hands.

"Hehe." I laughed at his cuteness, wishing I could just crush him into my soul.

"Thank you." I nodded to the driver while handing him extra cash for complimenting Chen.

"Let's go~" Chen shook my arm impatiently as he tried to drag me towards the amusement park entrance.

"Okay, okay." I smiled at his excitement while waving goodbye to the driver.

A/N: next up Chen's day at the amusement park. Also I just imagine her saying 'I lied' like in the same tone as this guy and idk why you've been bamboozled is making me laugh so much