Teddy bear arc (1)

I was forced awake after feeling as though I was suffocating midway through my dream. Blinking harshly, I readjusted to my new surroundings, and suddenly felt a fluffy sensation within my clenched hands. I squinted in the dark to see what looked to be a small ugly animal.

"Eep." I screamed hoarsely throwing it across the room with fright.

Was I just hugging a rat in my sleep? I asked the system with slight bewilderment colouring my voice.

No... More importantly, you've got additional constraints this time around. Like, for example, not leaving more than 5 metres between you and that bear you just yeeted across the room. The system winced while directing my gaze to the abandoned heap across from me.

That's a bear? I hesitantly approached the lifeless pile, on alert for any sign of movement. My eyes had adjusted to the darkness and I could see the shape more clearly, sighing in relief. Ha, I thought you meant a real bear. I comforted myself by patting my chest.

Are you getting dumber every switch? He asked worriedly, making me feel more embarrassed than if he had just made fun of me.

Y-you didn't clarify and it was warm, how's that my fault? And why are we acting like me having a real bear with me is more out of the ordinary than me dying and resurrecting multiple times? I crinkled my nose in annoyance and reluctantly picked up the teddy between my forefinger and thumb.

I hurried over to the light switch flipping it to shed some light on the situation. I was immediately repulsed by that decision, when I saw the dirty and scruffy bear.

The original went to sleep with this... is she feeling alright? I questioned holding the bear even further away.

I quickly hurried to the bathroom running the bath, cringing as I dunked the bear in the now filled sink. Dirt formed rings around the bear dispersing, reforming and then eventually muddying the water.

I drained the sink feeling slightly sick as I watched clumps of dirt sticking to the white porcelain. Three rounds of water torture later I was shocked to see that the bear wasn't a brown bear, no, it was actually a cute lavender colour. I smiled down proudly at my own cleaning skills, waiting for the system to compliment me.

While I was hanging him from the clothes horse the system's horrified voice sounded out.

Y-you, what the hell are you doing to that bear? He shouted, asking for me to quickly remove it.

It needs to dry. I responded with a raised brow, slightly annoyed he didn't compliment how I cleaned it so well.

Just use a blow-dryer...

That'll take ages. I moaned stomping over to the drawers to try and search for a hair-dryer.

I brought the now-dried plush to my face, rubbing my cheek against the soft fur.

"So soft." I grinned while stroking it's head.

But, do I really have to stay within five meters of it? I squeezed it tightly then released it while waiting for an answer.

Yes, if you get more than 5 m apart then you'll fail the mission and it's goodbye to your KKDNA season finale. The system reiterated the costs of not adhering to the rules.

Wait, a goddamn minute...

How many world's have we been through and I still haven't received a single award? I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. This system sucks as*, they still haven't released the finale?

No, haha, no, of course not. They cancelled the screening after complaints. He laughed awkwardly.

Yeah, but I swear it's been months since then. Didn't you give me access to the thing so how could it have been cancelled? The system's voice suddenly cut off, as if the signal was lost. This actually a scam? I widened my eyes in realisation, feeling like a fool.

If I look back on everything, it's so obviously a scam. No, we've already established this multiple times. I don't know why I'm acting surprised.

Shut up, host. You've got to start getting ready for college. The system spoke sternly.

No, I don't want to do anything-

Hap, up, pa! The system interrupted forcefully, completely ignoring my discontent. Get ready for college.

N-

Bup, bap, pa! He screamed over me. Get ready for college.

Are y-

Herap, pap, pa! Get ready for college.

-ou insane? I continued in annoyance.

Are you going or not? He asked one last time.

N-

Badoop, dap, pa! Ge-

SHUT UP! I screamed.

If I had to hear him say it one more time I'll lose my mind. I really have to take this to college? I looked down at the bear lying limply on the floor, sighing when I heard the system respond.

Yup. I groaned, picking up the bear and then finding my school bag. After a few failed attempts of sticking it in the bag and the system screaming in horror, I finally gave up.

"I guess I'll just have to hold you." I rolled my eyes picking it up, hugging it close to my body by its waist as I trudged down the stairwell. After a few moments my annoyed expression gradually smoothed out. "So soft." I muttered under my breath, feeling the last of my annoyance disappear.

A/N: i aim to meet and exceed the expectations of the systems annoyingness since I laugh everytime I see people cursing him. Of course, we'll have occasional retribution but in the meantime burn with anger🤣🤣