Demon-faced tsundere (3)

After checking the bank balance on my card it seems that I wasn't so poor after all!

£600, isn't that quite a lot of money?

Are you stupid? Your monthly rent is £400, and weekly food costs for 2 are around £30-40. You're not rich at all.

I forgot about rent, but isn't that too much for a one-bedroom apartment? Am I not being scammed?

It's actually cheaper than normal.

...

I walked alongside the little kid, named Chen, as we made our way to a restaurant. We were led to our seating by a waiter and the little boy's widened eyes darted around the restaurant in excitement.

"What's that?" He repeatedly pointed at random objects with a slightly crazed curiosity.

"That's just a light." He looked shocked that the spherical orb hanging down in the centre of the table is the same species as the little light bulb in our home.

"B-but, the person." He pointed to the silhouette of a fairy sitting inside the light with wonder.

"It's not a person it's a fairy. That's her house, we can't make too much noise or she'll move out." I whispered to him as I brought a finger to my lip. He hurriedly nodded with wide eyes as he clamped his mouth shut.

Are you using the 'fairy' in the light as an excuse to get him to stop asking questions? The system asked with a laugh.

He was asking so many of them!

Chen stared at the food the waiters were holding as they passed our tables with a look of excitement. Then as our order finally came he sat with his hands under his legs, unmoving.

"Ahh." I coaxed him to open his mouth as I fed him a fry. His eyes widened in shock and then he quickly snapped at the chip.

After eating it he stiffened and stared at the table before tears started to drop down his face.

"Mama." He cried out as his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and he hid his tear filled face in my chest.

I stared down at him trying to hold back my own tears. I stroked his head, trying to soothe him as his body shuddered against me.

"C-come on, you should finish your food." His breathing had finally evened out and I was worried the food would get cold. I wanted him to at least get to enjoy the food warm.

"Mm." He lifted his face while resting his chin against me showing me his reddened eyes and cheeks, causing my heart to break a little more.

Seeing he had not yet moved to eat I decided to feed him myself, it seemed to be the right choice as his face brightened with every bite.

Don't overfeed him or he'll be sick. The system warned while sniffling.

Okay, okay.

Were you crying too?

Pfft, no. Hah, why would I cry? He laughed it off unconvincingly.

I quickly ate my food whilst feeding the little boy and then we left. While walking back home we came across a small shop. Looking through the display window I could see there were some kids' stuff and books.