Demon-faced tsundere (8)

What's the problem with this SML, other than his shitty personality? I asked the system after settling down in the desk outside the director's office.

It is his personality that's the problem. You know he actually used to be a pretty straight-forward guy. He was the life of the offic-

Hah! I interrupted in a fit of giggles, there was no way in hell I would believe that. With that face, I very much doubt it.

... Host, that's so rude. He's already suffered so much because of how evil he looks, and you're discriminating against him because of it.

If he didn't call Chen the U word I wouldn't care... But how dare he. I muttered in annoyance feeling my anger resurface as I recalled it.

Anyways, he used to be a regular straight-forward guy but rejection from the heroine made him bitter.

Hahah! Stop, I can't breathe. Hahah.

Ha, look I'll just show you. The system sighed in defeat, pressing play on the video.

"Haha, Jack how are you?" The villainous looking SML approached a worker, his facial features slightly softened by his smile.

"B-boss, thank you so much! The doctor you sent over saved her life. I don't know where we'd be without your help." The employee thanked him profusely with tears in his eyes.

"Don't worry about it, that's what bosses should do." He patted the employee on the back moving onto the next desk and greeting the woman enthusiastically.

The video suddenly switched.

"Jamie, it's so good to see you." The video fast-forwarded through scenes of the SML getting drunk at a work gathering.

"Wooh!" He screamed jumping on top of the table and dancing alongside another majorly wasted colleague.

Then the video switched to a tearful confession scene.

"I love you, Izzy." He cried out holding her hand tightly.

"But I love Max." She shook his hand off, taking a step back.

"Izzy, b-but you told me you wanted to go out with me." He stepped forward with confusion in his eyes.

"Are you being serious, right now? I was just using you, to get Max's attention." Her eyes showed some reluctance as she spoke with a harsh tone.

Lyle crouched down covering his face, watching through his fingers as the female lead walked away.

Then he became a tsundere who can't be honest with his feelings. And, eventually his personality will rile up the wrong guy and he'll get stabbed. Obviously you need to help fix that. And with that in mind, bonus mission! Compliment the SML's hairstyle. 30 tokens.

System... That scene was even better than some of the dramas I watched. I felt tears fill my eyes as I recalled the scene of the heroine walking off toward the setting sun.

How can their lives be so cinematic? I complained to the system, it was so unfair. I had to get by with dropping spaghetti on myself and these people were out here shooting a day-time soap opera.

Shut up, go compliment him. The system interrupted my pity-party with an annoying demand.

No, why do I have to compliment him after he insulted my baby! I whined, my eyes flickering towards the SML entering his office.

I approached the office door with reluctance, knocking on the door hesitantly.

"Come in." A dull voice sounded out emotionlessly contrasting completely with the 'wooh' in my mind.

"Yes, sir." I entered the room immediately, raising my eyebrows at the interior of his office.

The leather sofas facing away from his desk, the bookshelf behind his desk, the useless piece of art in the corner next to his desk, the useless paperweights on his desk and his damn desk. That shiny, sleek mahogany-looking desk, looked as wide as two of me lying down face-to-foot.

I approached it calmly, almost afraid to blink as I neared it. The edges were sharp, sharp enough that one accidental hip-bump would leave me crippled for the remainder of my life. If he flipped the desk in anger it would be capable of squeezing my internal organs out of my orifices.

"What are you doing?" His face contorted in confusion, brows furrowed as he frowned in disgust.

"Sorry, I was distracted sir." I straightened my back and stood alert. "I just came in to say... Your hairstyle looks super cool today, sir!" I smiled cheesily while giving him a thumbs-up. Of course, only one thumb because he didn't deserve the other after calling Chen that.

He froze for a moment and blinked rapidly before scowling.

"Are you an idiot? Go do your damn work." He growled, standing up abruptly as his hands gripped the edge of the table.

"C-calm down, sir." I stuttered hurrying out of the door before he could flip the table on me.

"Mama!" Chen shouted anxiously and his head peaked out from the top of my desk. I hurried over when I saw the glimmer of tears in his eyes. He was bleary-eyed after waking up from his nap on my desk.

"I'm here, don't worry." I smiled widely as he quickly wrapped his arms around my neck. I picked up the blanket from my table, folding it up and placing it on my chair and then looked through the files on my desk. "Okay, we have to be really quiet Chen. Okay?" He nodded with his eyes closed and I could almost feel my heart being gouged out by his cuteness. "Mwah." I kissed him repeatedly, attacking with more vigour after hearing his giggles.

"Ahem." Our playtime was interrupted rudely by a cough. I gazed up at the humongous, bear-like man glaring down at the two of us. The crew-cut, the furrowed eyebrows and the sharpness of his jaw was giving me characteristic villain vibes.

"Hi, how can I help you? Do you have a meeting with the director? If you would give me your name I can check the system." I robotically repeated the phrases that had been drilled into my head during my training, trying to hide the fear I was currently feeling. Chen buried his face into my neck in fear and I wished I could have done the same.

"My name is James, I'm the director's bodyguard. I look forward to working with you." He spoke in a slow, gruff tone as he put his hand out for a handshake. I stared at the hand that looked like it could shatter the bones and mince the tendons in my hands and reluctantly shook it.

"I'm looking forward to working with you too." I smiled shakily, watching as his gaze drifted quizzically to Chen.

A/N: we like james, we like james, I really like james. Im always really late ~ sorry mah dudes, I'm looking forward to drunk Lyle in the future