Chapter 5

It was time for the U.A. High Sports Festival and its worldwide broadcast. This event is the best chance for the students of this school to get scouted by Pro Heroes. The students made their way to the first stage, ready for anything. With introduction from Present Mic, Class 1-A walked out onto the field together.

"There are so many people..." Izuku said nervously.

"I hope it doesn't interfere with our ability to give it everything we've got." Iida continued.

Following closely behind them was Class 1-B, followed by General Studies Classes C, D, and E, and behind them Support Studies Classes F, G, and H, and last was Business Classes I, J, and K. "Give it up for all the first year contestant!"

"Now for the introductory speech by the first year representative!" The R-Rated Hero, Midnight, announced. As the muttering continued throughout the stadium, she slammed her whip to the side. "Silence everyone!" She said, bringing the dull roar to a halt. "And for the student pledge, we have Gohan Son!"

"It makes sense that Gohan's the representative. Ribbit." Asui said quietly.

"Yeah. After all, he got the top score in the entrance exams, and then with his help against those villains, I'd be surprised if it was anybody else." Kaminari continued under his breath.

The half-Saiyan walked up to the microphone and took a deep breath. "Uh...I just w-wanna tell everyone to do their best, and to give it everything you've g-got." He said, slightly fumbling over his words with a smile that captured the hearts of nearly everybody in the stadium. He stepped down and got back into his place in the crowd, earning smiles from all around.

"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!" She announced, raising her whip and bringing down a board with a spinning box. "What could it be?!" As it stopped, everyone read the words across the board. 'Obstacle Race.' "Ta-da! All eleven classes will participate in this treacherous contest. The track is four kilometers around the outside of the stadium! I don't to restrain anyone, at least not in this game. As long as you stay on the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires! Now then, take your places!" The time counted down and everyone prepared to take off. It was six seconds before Midnight yelled. "Begin!"

"And they're off to a racing start! What detail should we pay attention to so early in the race!?" Present Mic yelled.

As everyone piled through the doorway, it was Todoroki who inevitably froze the ground and the entrance, taking off in first place. Aoyama, Bakugo, Kirishima, and Yaoyarozu leaped from the ground with their respective Quirks.

"Nice trick Todoroki!" Yaoyarozu called out.

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY, YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!" Bakugo cried out as he blasted off.

"Come on, Izuku!" Gohan yelled as he blasted off towards him.

"Right!" He yelled back, activating One For All's Full Cowl before taking off, breaking the ice under him with each step.

Gohan quickly passed Bakugo within seconds. "NOT SO FAST, GOLDILOCKS!" He yelled as he threw a wave of explosions across his side. He brushed it off, and as a series of massive robots emerged, he blasted through the one in the middle just as Todoroki froze it over.

Behind him, the zero-point villain fell over, blocking several students from progressing as the three took the lead. "GET BACK HERE!" Bakugo yelled towards his flying opponent. With Midoriya in close pursuit with a large metal plate strapped to his back, making the leading three became the leading four.

"An impressive move from Class 1-A's Gohan! His Quirk:...Wait, what's this?! Gohan is currently listed as Quirkless! That can't be right! These papers must be outdated." Present Mic said as he tossed Gohan's papers to the side.