Chapter 23

Class 1-A began their morning routine as any other day. However, one student, Mina Ashido, awoke frantically in Gohan's bed, rushing to block the door before anybody had a chance to check on her friend. Cracking the door, she took a peek out of one side, being careful to quietly step out of the room before closing the door behind her. "Uh, Ashido?" Midoriya's confused voice played behind her.

"AAAAH!" With a blood-curdling scream, she turned around to a group of her friends. "O-Oh, hey guys!" She said nervously. "What are you doing here so early? Hehe..." Among the group was Midoriya, Iida, Kaminari, Mineta, and Tokoyami.

"We came to check on Gohan's health. Why were you in Gohan's room?" Iida asked her, putting his hands on his shoulder.

Mineta couldn't even finish his sentence. "Were you perhaps..." Drool began to drip from his mouth as his fantasies went wild. "Forbidden..."

"I didn't know you were that kind of girl, Ashido..." Kaminari continued to make the situation seem worse than it was.

"Shut up, you freakin' pervs! I w-wanted to visit him, too! But he's not feeling well so it wouldn't be best to visit in a large group!" She frantically explained, flailing her arms about.

"I think you have a point, Ashido." Iida said, holding his chin in his fingers.

Midoriya stepped forward, and raised a hand. "Then if it's alright, would you mind if I stop to say hi for everyone? I've been training hard and I wanted to share my results."

"No!" She shouted. "I mean- He's really tired from my visit..." She held her finger up as the idea came to her head, but the words sounded even worse as they left her mouth. As if petrified, Mineta and Kaminari didn't move in inch, to the point where it was hard to tell if they were even bringing. Even Tokoyami and Iida were thrown off by the remark. "I didn't mean to say it like that..." A defeated Ashido pleaded one last time, pressing her hands together and bowing her head. "Please...just leave him be for now..."

Suddenly, the door creaked, and opened wide as Gohan walked out. "Oh, good morning, everyone." He gave a wide smile and Midoriya approached him.

"Gohan! I'm glad to see you're up. How are you feeling?"

Iida took another step closer, his hand stiffening as it pointed at his friend. "Has your condition improved at all?"

"Yep!" He said excitedly. "I'm back to full strength!" The young Saiyan pumped his fist, and his smile bared his teeth.

"Just like that?" Tokoyami asked him.

"Yeah, just like that." He had figured it would be best to at least hold off on explaining the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Meanwhile, Kaminari and Mineta stayed hunched over with their backs to the group, mumbling something about 'Ashido's special visit' helping the healing process. "Are they ok?"

"Don't worry about those two pervs." Ashido told him angrily as the group was ready to move on with their day. "I'm glad to see you're doing better, Gohan." She told him with a smile. "I should have known whatever was wrong wouldn't keep you down forever!"

"Well it was really thanks to Piccolo for pulling me out when he did. I know better than to abuse my power, and why I did so before, I don't know. Although, I know that I won't make the same mistake again." He smiled as the two walked towards the bathroom. "And, Mina?" Catching her attention, she looked over, and her yellow eyes met his. "Thank you for your help."

With heat rising from her chest to her cheeks, she looked down. "I didn't do much more than embarrass myself."

"Well then, thank you for embarrassing yourself for my sake."