Chapter 16

About an hour into an intense training session, Gohan yelled to himself. "Alright, here we go!" Gohan said as he blasted off into the air at full speed. In a matter of 1.65, he managed to make it to the upper half of the thermosphere. Stars surrounded him, and he instantly noticed the lack of oxygen at the ridiculous altitude, but he managed to keep his composure and steady his breathing. "That's 9,900 km in a little more than a second-and-a-half. I know I can move faster." Gohan told himself as he rushed back down to the surface. Just before he hit the ground, he slowed down to a halt. Before touching the ground, he heard voices coming from his room. "Is that, Mina? And Toru? Ochaco and Tenya?"

As he quietly landed on his balcony, he leaned his head towards the door, thankful that he had brought his curtains from his window at home. Although they were too small for the entire balcony doorway, it was just big enough to keep his body concealed. "Yeah, you're right!" He heard Kirishima chime in. "His dad's hair looks the same, just bigger."

"Look at this one! He's so cute!" Ashida shouted.

Cute? He thought to himself with a blush.

"Hold on, Ashida, does Gohan have a..." Gohan listened closely, however there was nothing but silence. "I'm sure he must be wearing a costume or something. He must have been such a little joker." Hagakure said, chuckling nervously.

What picture are they talking about?

"Yeah, that must be it." Ashida agreed. "I didn't know Gohan had a younger brother."

"Isn't really weird that his dad isn't in this one." He heard Ururaka say to everyone.

Suddenly, Kirishima began speaking. "Maybe his dad just walked out on them or something." Gohan's head begun to hang. "We shouldn't really look too deep into this. If Gohan wanted to tell us, he would have by now."

"You know, it's really weird." Midoriya chimed in. "Whenever he mentioned his dad, the few times that he did mention his dad, he used a past-tense verb. What if he actually-"

"That is enough!" Iida suddenly yelled. "Gohan would not appreciate you all peering into his private life without his consent! You've already intruded enough, and you would all be lucky if he ever forgives you for what you've done!" After a few seconds, the door slammed, and Gohan walked into his room. "You should tell them..." Gohan finished a quick conversation with himself before heading to bed.

The next morning, Gohan woke up and made his way to the bathroom. As he entered, he immediately noticed Iida and Todoroki. "Morning." He said, the exhaustion in his voice apparent.

"That's funny." Todoroki stated softly. "I never took you for the tired type."

"Yeah, I know. I was pushing myself to my limits yesterday." He said, applying the toothpaste to his toothbrush.

Iida's hand was constantly in motion before gesturing a wave to Midoriya, who walked by and filled the empty sink between Gohan and Todoroki. "If you don't mind my asking," Iida asked after he spit out his toothpaste, "what kind of training did you do last night?"

"Oh, nuh, A dun mine." Gohan managed to say through his teeth before spitting into the sink. "I was trying to push my max traveling speed. So far, I've been able to travel at about six thousands kilometers per second..." With his chin in the pit of his thumb and index, his nonchalant explanation cause Midoriya to choke, spitting out his toothpaste with a series of coughs. Gohan lightly pat his back for support. "I'm glad you understand, Izuku. I am too slow. I'll try even harder next time." He let him know with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll be even faster next time." Midoriya said supportingly with a nervous chuckle.

Gohan soon returned to his room and pulled on his uniform, quickly and efficiently finishing his tie, pulling down his collar, and pulling on his jacket before buttoning it down. Downstairs, Gohan seemed to be the only one who was dressed, prompting everyone to look in his direction. "Good morning, Gohan." Kirishima was the first to greet him. "You heading in early?"