Chapter 27

Power began to surge across Midoriya's body. His muscles tensed, and his joints creaked, as if he'd be torn apart at any moment. "Here it is, Gohan... One For All: Full Cowling: 30%!" A powerful gale kicked up in all directions, shaking the nearby trees behind them.

"That's incredible, Izuku! You've come so far on your own!" He praised with a smile as Midoriya returned the gesture.

"You're wrong. I've gotten this far because of your help in the beginning. You gave me a push in the right direction." Midoriya's smile radiated confidence.

Gohan returned a smile and taunted. "Alright then, show me what you've made of that push!" With that, Gohan dashed forward and slammed his leg downward. Gohan raised his arm to stop it, but Midoriya threw his foot into his friend's gut, pushing himself off of him and into the trees. Gohan followed closely, entering the treeline as Midoriya began to bounce around the trees. "You're amazing, Izuku, but I can still see you!" Gohan said, throwing his hand behind him and firing a Ki Blast off center so as to not hit his friend. It just missed Midoriya, decimating a series of trees behind him. He stopped to look, and his eyes widened at the large crater where several trees once stood. Turning back to his opponent, Gohan's face was now inches from his own. "Don't ever lose sight of the battle!" He called out as he planted a held-back kick into Midoriya's gut, sending him flying against the ground before slamming into a tree.

"Ow! Kke!" Midoriya found himself in pain as he powered down.

"Izuku!" Gohan shouted as he joined his friend's side. "I'm sorry, I got a little carried away!" He apologized, holding his hands together and hanging his head.

"It's alright, Gohan. Gh!" Despite his groans of pains, he still smiled. "You're amazing. One of these days, I want to be as strong as you are. That way, I can stand proud as the new Symbol of Peace." As he spoke, blood began to trickle from his mouth.

"Deku!" Uraraka called out as she entered the plethora of trees. "What happened!?"

"I...went a little too hard on him..." Gohan admitted before a hand squeezed his shoulder. His sunken gaze looked up slightly and saw Midoriya struggling to get up.

"I'm not done. I want to keep going." He said.

"B-But what about-!?"

"Gohan, I'm going to face Villains far stronger than I am in the future. You've seen it for yourself already, how I've had to break my arms and legs just to win. This may hurt, but I'm going to experience far greater pain in the future before the Villain goes down." Finally, Midoriya stood proudly, his eyes full of determination. "Let's keep going!"

Gohan could see the worry on Uraraka's face, so he took a deep breath and stood. "Izuku, I have an idea. Earlier, you seemed so focused on my blast, so why don't we work on your long-range attacks?"

"But, I don't have any long distance attacks." He told him.

"Izuku, you shook all these trees just by bouncing back and forth!" He said before getting closer. "You said you're at 30% now, right?" He whispered, earning a nod from Midoriya.

"That's right. I can comfortably move around at 15% now. With 30%, I feel as if my body's on the verge of breaking."

"So, I want you to watch me closely, and think about how you can use that to your advantage." Gohan told him as he slightly powered up. Dashing forward, Gohan threw a fist forward, pulling back at the last second. Turning around with a smile, Midoriya closely inspected the newly created crater behind his friend.

"You did all of that damage without actually hitting anything..." He mumbled to himself as an idea struck. "Wait a minute...!" When I was able to jump to 18%, I could leave shockwaves where I was jumping... He's saying if I used that idea to increase my power substantially for a brief moment... Midoriya raised a hand and held his middle finger in place with his thumb, powering up to 12%. In a brief moment, increase to 30%! With his mind enveloped in this concept, he flicked his finger, sending forward a massive shockwave that blasted through a couple trees.