Chapter 18

The days passed, and nobody let up on their training. It was the fourth day that Midnight started checking on everyone's progress. As she approached Gohan, he smiled. "You're looking as confident as always, Gohan. You've been keeping a close eye on him, , right, Kyoka?" Midnight asked her.

"Absolutely. Gohan, show her what you've got!" Android 21 told him excitedly.

"Alright, here we go!" Gohan said as he dashed forward, vanishing instantly before appearing several times around Android 21. "Flash Rush!" He cried out as he continuously increased his speed, moving faster than the human eye could see. Once he built enough momentum, he began to leave afterimages, moving and attacking so fast, he seemed to be everywhere at once. Three images of Gohan flashed, one with a knee to 21's rib, another with a fist to her side, and the final one, being the real Gohan, slamming her head downward. "It's an overwhelming burst of speed, able to overpower any opponent." He explained as Android 21 picked herself off the ground.

"Flash Rush. I just love the sound of that!" Midnight praised as she clapped her hands together. "And what about that other move I saw you use?"

"The Masenkamehameha is a move that combines my Masenko, learned from my first teacher, and my Kamehameha, learned from my father. Unfortunately, pulling all of that power together drains my stamina immensely."

"Hm, I like the move, however it's very destructive and could easily pull innocent people into harm's way with collateral damage, if used on the ground. Plus, the name is super long and can be hard to call out. Keep working on it, though, Gohan." She told him, earning a nod of acknowledgement.

"Yes, Ma'am." He said as he was about to continue training. Suddenly, Bakugo and Aizawa bega yelling for All Might, and as Gohan turned around, he could see Midoriya lunge into the air. With absolute fluidity, as if by second nature, he contorted his body in order to position himself underneath a boulder, and with a single swift kick, the boulder shattered into pieces. After recovering from his leap, Midoriya approached All Might, most likely to ensure that he was ok. Moments after, Kirishima and Kaminari approached him, and as Gohan leaned in to try and see what they were talking about, Android 21 slammed a fist onto his head. "Hey! That was a cheap shot!"

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have left your guard down. Focus on training, listen to what happened later." She scolded as Gohan hung his head.

"Yes, Ma'am..." He said in a whining tone.

"YOU WATCH YOURSELF, ALL MIGHT!" Gohan heard Bakugo yell before he blocked a flurry of heavy blows. With more commotion going on below, the class was instructed to leave after their final ten minutes of training, allowing Class 1-A to carry on with the remainder of their classes.

Later that day, as the sun slowly crept into the horizon and the moon brought about the night sky, Gohan donned a T-shirt gifted to him by his mother, the 飯 symbol in large print on his back, circled in black, and the 孫 symbol for his family name in small print on his left pectoral, circled in black as well. As he passed through the common area in order to get to the kitchen to hydrate prior to his late night training session, he noticed the girls all gathered around. "Good evening." he said as he passed by them.

"Hey Gohan!" Hagakure called out. "Come tell us about your progress!"

"Yeah, I'm actually curious as to what that light was earlier in the week." Jiro followed in an attempt to persuade him to stay.

"It would take a while to explain that..." He said as he stopped walking to address them.

Asui put a finger to her chin. "Ribbit. We have some extra time. We were just talking after all."

"To be honest, I'm fairly curious, as well." Yaoyarozu continued.

After a few moments, Gohan let out a sigh and walked over to the couch. He sat down in the empty seat next to Yaoyarozu and cupped his hands together. "I guess it's time you all understood a little bit about how I do the things I can do." The girls all watched intently as he cupped his hands together. "It's all pulled from within. Inside of each and every living being, there's a life force called 'Ki." Gohan cupped his hands together and then gradually opened them. In between his hands, a golden light shined bright, and a light gust blew in all directions, as noticeable as a sudden breeze.