Chapter 13

Later that night, Android 21 stood before the U.A. High staff. At the center of their U-shaped table, 21 waited patiently, listening to the teachers discuss her request. Her fingers interlaced and fidgeted about. "You're joking! There's no way we could take someone like her as a member of the staff!" Present Mic yelled.

"Seriously, it would be highly risky to let something that powerful, created by the League of Villains nonetheless, into our staff with open arms." Midnight complied. "What can she even bring to the school in order to teach the students?" She looked at her fellow staff members, going from Present Mic to Snipe, then to Cementos and Ectoplasm, who had been in All Might and Vlad King's spots, as the two of them were currently absent. As everyone's eyes met in agreement, 21 suddenly spoke.

"So they created me, big deal! Even though they did, I'm not like any of them! I'm not like any of those Nomus! I was given free will, like Androids 17 and 18! I can choose my own path, and that is a fact!" She said confidently. "As for what i can offer, I have several degrees in academic subjects, including Math, Science, English, Japanese, Literature, you name it! I was a PhD in neuroscience before I was kidnapped! I was born to be a teacher, and because of what happened to me, I'm more than strong enough to protect the school! So please, let me join you!"

"Sorry, ma'am, but the answer looks like it's going to be-" Snipe began before he was cut off.

"Indeed, it is risky, however, what I've heard from Recovery Girl, what Gohan saw in her heart, and hearing what she can bring to the school, I'm willing to give it a chance." Nezu told them, bringing a shock to everyone's face. Android 21 jumped with joy, however her sudden emotion was drained. "Although, I'm afraid that, until further notice, I'll have to restrict you from leaving the school grounds while on work hours. You will be the school's first line of defense, should the League of Villains decide to attack again."

"Hold on, you can't be serious! She obliterated more than a quarter of that training zone! You're just going to look past it?!" Cementos asked him.

"That was an unpopulated area. As far as I'm concerned, no real damage has been done. However, Son Gohan is out training right now. So, since he had beat you prior to leaving, you can expect him to step up stronger than before to defeat you." He had warned her.

"Hold on, you're really using our student as a deterrent? Have you lost your mind?" Ectoplasm asked their Principal.

"Not at all. The opposite in fact. I'm sure you've all realized that Son Gohan is no ordinary person. With flight, teleportation, speed, and strength, not to mention those energy beams you've reported, and all of such being unrivaled at such a young age, then there's that golden-haired transformation that seems to shake the Earth anytime he uses it. I'm afraid to say he may be even mightier than All Might. However, I've been thinking... Does this make him an ally, or a threat?"

"Now we really know you're losing your mind, sir." Present Mic chimed in. "Gohan? Posing a threat? I heard he single-handedly sent that Nomu flying into the stratosphere. How could he be a threat to us?"

"Son Gohan is at an age when most kids are easily put into a dark state of mind. It's entirely possible for the League of Villains to take advantage of that, if they haven't already. We all know he isn't normal, and we know little about him. It'll be best to keep an eye on him, as well as a close one on you, Ms. 21." Nezu said, his usual smile remaining unshaken.

"Absolutely." She told him with a bow, a slight scowl on her face as she looked to the ground. What the hell? Lockdown? It's not like the League is dumb enough to try and attack again. This is unbelievable.

"So, is your actual name Android 21? Or is that some designation?" Midnight asked nervously.

My name...? My name is... "Android 21. For now, at least. My name should be on the blueprints that went into development, but at the moment we have no hope of retrieving that."