Chapter 32

A heavy silence filled the room, and the air grew tense. After several moments of silence, Amane shrugged her shoulders. "Saiyans? Is that some kind of hip new band that you kids listen to?" She asked.

"It's... Nevermind, please forget I said anything." Gohan disregarded as he put his backpack down and took a fighting stance.

"Hey, aren't you going to change into some actual fighting clothes? It'll suck if your uniform gets messed up." Amane told him as she crossed her arms.

"It's fine, you don't have to worry about it." Gohan's eyes narrowed. "Please take the first move." Maybe she's not a Saiyan, but does that mean I should gauge her abilities to make sure? There's no way... I guess it really is just a Quirk.

"You sound confident. How do you know I won't ruin that uniform of yours?" She asked.

"I would like to begin, Ms. Amane." Gohan told her, refining his stance to match his fathers.

"Alright, then in that case..." Suddenly, she dashed and threw a right jab. As Gohan raised his arms in defense, Amane's jaw dropped slightly. "I've never met anybody who could withstand a hit like that!" She smiled slightly, and looking down, he could see that her arm was encased in metal. She suddenly pulled away and threw a heavy kick from her left leg to Gohan's temple, but to no avail. Despite the additional metal layer, her attacks didn't phase Gohan. "You're pretty good, after all, kid!"

"Have you ever looked at the full moon before?" Gohan asked her as he blocked an incoming wave of attacks.

"I've never been fond of the moon!" She yelled as she spun around and slammed a roundhouse kick into Gohan's arm. "I've seen pictures of it, and let me tell you, I don't get it. It's a white ball in the sky, so what!"

"What about when you were a child?" Gohan continued as he grabbed her wrists, stopping her assault.

"My mother always told me that the moon oozes negativity and those who look at it absorb that negativity. In her name, I refuse to look at the moon out of respect!" She said as she pulled away, separating her left arm at the biceps. Startled, Gohan released his grip, and Amane backed away as the severed arm began to glow. "Trojan Horse!" She yelled as the arm began to glow. With a loud boom, the arm exploded in Gohan's face, and Amane stood back and smiled. "Plus, I always had a curfew growing up, so I didn't get many opportunities to look at it. Now come on out, kid. If my earlier attacks didn't scratch you, then that one would have left you with some bruises at the most."

"That was dirty..." Gohan told her as the smoke cleared, revealing an unscathed, but tattered-clad warrior, his jacket torn and singed, revealing the top upper-right half of her chest, and his pants ripped on both legs, up to his thigh on his right leg and up to his knee on his left.

"I told you that you should have changed. It'll be alright, I'll make sure Mr. Powers replaces it." As she spoke, she raised her stub, and the metal on her back crawled down her arm and onto her stub, forming an arm out of metal. "Don't worry kid, that first arm was made special. No more bombs from here on out." The fingers at the end of her new arm sharpened into spikes, and she dashed at her opponent. However, as she threw her claws forward, Gohan threw his hand forward and grabbed the metal arm, gripping it until it shattered into pieces. "What the hell?!" As she threw her knee upward, Gohan vanished, reappearing behind her as he yanked on her tail. "H-HEY!"

"What's your mother's name?" Gohan asked as he put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her to the ground, leaving her tail in his hand and his foot on her arm.

"W-What's it to- Let go of that!" For whatever reason, Amane suddenly found it harder to speak, and buried her face in the carpet. "It's Ticho! Her name's Ticho now let go!" With her declaration of defeat, Gohan released her, and she pulled herself off the ground and sat on her knees. "Freaking pervert...!" Amane cursed under her breath as Gohan put a finger to his chin.