Chapter 34

As Gohan made his way down the stairs, and exited the front entrance of the prestigious UA High, a familiar voice called out for him. "There's the golden boy." Turning around, a familiar face with dyed cyan-hair man leaned against the wall with a bored expression. "Where are you off to?"

"Wait, you're... Kiai Hatsume, right?" Gohan asked, racking through his brain for the correct name. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, normally I pick up Mei from the emergency exit outside of the Support Course, but she promised me she'd behave, just for today. So, I figured I'd wait out here for her." He explained as he picked himself off the wall, securing his blue 'I'm done peopling" over his waist and putting his hands in the pockets of his black jeans. "So, what are you going to be up to for the next couple of days?" He asked, taking a step forward.

"Oh, well, I still have my classes, so-"

"Classes?" He asked, cutting Gohan off. "For what? Being a hero?" With a dry chuckle, Kiai approached the Saiyan. "You don't learn to be a hero. You're born one. That's what makes a true hero, someone who doesn't need to be told that saving that life in danger is the right thing to do. And yet, you held back against Cell despite that, correct?"

Gohan's eyes narrowed, and his hair began to softly waver. "Who are you?"

"Sorry, I can only answer your question if I know you're serious about being a hero, show me tomorrow." He told him suddenly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gohan asked.

"You'll see. If you want your answers, meet me tomorrow at Ikebukuro Station." He told him as Hatsume came out of the building.

"So, Big Bro, I see that you've met my star test subject!" She said excitedly. Unlike he usually would, Gohan saw Hatsume in her uniform with an actual skirt on.

"Can't really call him your test subject until you get to use your babies on him, isn't that correct, Mei?" The Hatsume brother asked.

"Right you are, dear brother. I'll get him on my side one day. Until then, we must mobilize quickly! You still have to keep your promise since I behaved today!" She said excitedly as they began to walk away.

"Gohan Son, don't forget. Ikebukuro Station, 5:00 tomorrow. I would hate to be waiting long." He told him with his same dry expression, waving his arm over his head before continuing to walk with his sister.

What's with that guy? Gohan thought to himself as he took a step forward.

"Hey Gohan!" Kaminari called out, stopping his friend from leaving.

"Oh, hey Denki. What's up?" Gohan asked as the two of them began walking.

"I wanna show you something cool, so let's race!" He said as Gohan widened his eyes. "The loser treats the winner to lunch!" He said with a confident smile.

"You're on!" Just as he said that, lightning flashed around Kaminari before he vanished. To his surprise, Kaminari had dashed forward, confident in his new ability.

"How do you like my new Lightning Body technique?" He asked rhetorically, looking back as Gohan caught up. "HUH?!"

"I think it's great! I'm glad you managed to better control your electricity, Denki!" Gohan told him as he effortlessly stayed at his pace.

"Geez, I was hoping that you weren't as fast as you were strong!" He said as he clenched his eyes shut in frustration. "Alright then, let's give it everything I've got!" With his battle cry, Kaminari's electricity sputtered around him more erratically before he began to speed up. With a smile, Gohan kept pace with him, and as Heights Alliance came into view, he leapt forward, reaching for the wall of the building, but to no avail. As Gohan touched the wall a whole second before he could, he fell short of his destination, landing face first on the ground.